new grille question

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
will a 70-71 dart grille fit in a 72 Dart without changing the hood and fenders?

What about the sharktooth grille? Can I get one of those and just plug and play?

Jason

I was wondering the same thing i know along with the grill you would have to have 70 71 headlight bezels but i think they all bolt up the same the sharkstooth grill is for a duster so i dont think it will fit without a duster scamp or valiant front clip good luck

when I said grille I mean the bezels as well. What kinda price are we talkin for a 70-71 grille and bezels?

not completly sure i know the bezels seem to go for about 25 each for drivers quality bezels and usually around 100 and up for a grill those are ebay prices by the way so if you find someone on here with them you may be able to do better but for good set you are probably looking at around 200 plus shipping from ebay. By the way if you dont want them anymore you could probably sell or trade your 72 stuff for 70-71 stuff i know the 72 stuff can be kind of hard to find cause its one year only stuff. Justin

I am pretty sure that a 70-71 grille will fit in a 72. Not sure about the sharkstooth grille.

I was looking for a 71 grille myself a few months back, Those Ebay prices were very HIGH! I seen them sell for 400+. I later found a 70 grille (W/O Bezels) for twenty dollors at a junk yard!
The mounting tabs are easily broken when you begin to back out the bolts...the plastic wants to twist with the bolts and break!
I believe the paint scheme on the grille changed from 70 to 71...70 having more silver to it!

Jason
71 Dart

the 70-71 Dart grille will fit the 72 dart w/ no mods. But the sharkstooth will not fit a dart.

-
Back