New guy from Oregon

-

Doitover

Reaction score
Hi folks, I have been stalking the forum over the years and decided it was time to join up. I picked up a 1962 lancer, . that I'm planning on using mainly for the strip. The privious owner i bought it from cut the old floor pans out and has new ones sitting in the car, which isn't too hard to weld in place, he has a b body 8 3/4 rear end sitting under it that the perches need weld on to. My dilemma is he put a new k member in it and doesn't remember what k member he bought. I honestly don't know what this k member is to, sb, bb, 6 cylinder. I'm hoping you guys can help Id it so I can start ordering parts to finish it.

IMG_20180619_173330812_HDR.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_20180619_173428760.jpg

IMG_20180619_173515062_HDR.jpg

Welcome from Boise...
What ever it is it doesnt look like it will handle much power .

New here too...right across the river (?) from you. Vancouver WA.
Tape measure, cutting torch, welder, come along and a sledge hammer, add a few wrecking yard parts and it depends on how you want to go, but it looks like it took a /6, at one point. I remember one over at mopar forums.com, about 6 or 7 years ago same color and race ready, but I don't remember any shots of the compartment etc...
Have you tried a google image search? And a dumb question but I gotta ask, are there any numbers stamped in it anywhere?
Looks like maybe worth a trip to engine-swaps.com, they might be able to clue it in but seriously looks /6, but more than a few days older, and the placement of the not there motor mounts suggest /6 also.
Hey, need some help give me a yell, always up for an adventure!
Luck and a welder...................

Welcome to FABO!
Looks like a good start to me.
I can't help you on the K-Member I.D. though............

New here too...right across the river (?) from you. Vancouver WA.
Tape measure, cutting torch, welder, come along and a sledge hammer, add a few wrecking yard parts and it depends on how you want to go, but it looks like it took a /6, at one point. I remember one over at mopar forums.com, about 6 or 7 years ago same color and race ready, but I don't remember any shots of the compartment etc...
Have you tried a google image search? And a dumb question but I gotta ask, are there any numbers stamped in it anywhere?
Looks like maybe worth a trip to engine-swaps.com, they might be able to clue it in but seriously looks /6, but more than a few days older, and the placement of the not there motor mounts suggest /6 also.
Hey, need some help give me a yell, always up for an adventure!
Luck and a welder...................
Welcome to both of ya..

Welcome!!

By the looks of the "K", it is out of a 64 to 66 abody, I say that as they are the only ones that will bolt in with out a lot of work. All 64 to 66 "K's" are the same, there is no separate "V8" or "/6" "K" they are all the same. You will need a V8 center link, it has more of a drop for oil pan clearance, or use Shumacher (sp?) mounts.

I like the car!! It is way different and very cool.

Good luck!!

Welcome!!

By the looks of the "K", it is out of a 64 to 66 abody, I say that as they are the only ones that will bolt in with out a lot of work. All 64 to 66 "K's" are the same, there is no separate "V8" or "/6" "K" they are all the same. You will need a V8 center link, it has more of a drop for oil pan clearance, or use Shumacher (sp?) mounts.

I like the car!! It is way different and very cool.

Good luck!!

OK, then it is a newer one compared to what was in it from the factory. Wonder what the guy had hanging around when he was going to drop an engine in? I think they only had 2 engines for the for the production years. Both /6, I think anyway...which on occasion kinda hurts.
How old could that k member be? Or, was it a wrecking yard buy? Engine-swaps.com has that style with the 63-66 a body, and they claim /6 or V-8, must have 2 versions available. see pic.
So Doitover, what do you have in mind to drop into it?
That might decide what to do about the k member and getting the parts going.

KMember A63 S6V8.jpg

Honestly I'm leaning towards a gasser build. I was trying to find motor mounts for it, but a buddy of mine enlightened me and suggested using elephant ears. I have 2 440/727 sitting in my garage,. My plan is to use this car for Friday night drags at the strip and just cruising around. Speedway sales a straight axle kit,. I haven't researched it much, but that's my plan for now. New questions for you guys, . Once I add the straight axle and the engine plate I can remove the k member correct?

Last edited:
Schumacher Creative Services-2025 NE 123rd. Seattle, WA 98125 . 206-364-7151.
Don't know if they have what they used to have, but, they were the go to guy's for stuff and answers about what you need and dont need.
" [email protected] "
It's worth asking the question, and they will answer

-
Back