New Guy, Old Dart, No Skills

-

John12377

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am so glad I found this site. The amount of information is a little overwhelming especially since I have no real knowledge of working on cars. I purchased a 1965 Dodge Dart back in 1994 with the intention of fixing it up with my dad. We got it running, repainted, and added a new interior but never really put much time into the engine. It ran for about a year and a half and developed an oil leak. Fearing we would do more damage to the engine, we parked it in 1996 and it never ran again. I really loved that Dart so I could never bring myself to sell it. Every time I moved, the Dart moved. Now I finally have the garage space, at a gear head neighbor, to get her back up and running. I can't wait to get her back on the road.
Dart.jpg
Engine.jpg

Welcome to FABO! Glad to have you here. She looks clean!

Sounds like you have a long time love affair with your Dart! As you have already found, there are tons of folks with lots of knowledge about these old gals. They are willing to help you get her back on the streets again!

Welcome aboard :) Very nice Dart you have there and with history :thumbsup:
Congratulations on the move with a garage and having a gearhead next door to get you moving is a big plus, looking forward to more of your post's on getting it back on the street :steering:

Welcome, Nice looking car! just need to get to work on that slant! do you know if its been worked internally? Just wondering if all that fuel has anywhere to go...

Wow she is sharp with the poverty hubcaps. I would fix the oil leak and drive the wheels off that one with lotsa smiles per mile.

-
Back