New Here

-

74Dusted

Stock Piler of 340's
Reaction score
Stumbled across the site from some recommendations from some friends. Long Time A-Body Nut 8)

I've got a '65 Formula S 'Cuda in need of some serious TLC, bought it from the original owner a few years ago. It had been parked since 1986, and due to some crappy body work in the 80's (aluminum sheeting and 1+" of Bondo) there's a good amount of rust. So far i've welded in a new lower section on the Fender, a new Rocker Panel, and a new Lower Quarter (the 2-Piece section). I still have the Wheel Arch section to fabricate, and the Lower Rear Quarter too. Fortunately the Driver's Side of the car is in much better shape than the Passenger Side is, so once i'm done with the Passenger Side it won't be so bad.

Got a '71 Demon project that i've been working on, it's a long term project that will eventually be a 426 Hemi / 833 / 8-3/4 car with all the bells and whistles (A/C, Center Console, Lights, Sunroof, Go-Wing, ect). The plan (once i get my work truck back together) is to buy the engine one piece at a time and build it the way i want it.

A '71 Duster project that i gave to my dad, since he said he wanted to build a 5.7 or 6.1 Hemi Duster.

A '72 340 4-Speed Demon, Numbers Matching, 65k original miles, Loaded with Options (Moonroof, A/C, Light Package, ect) The original 340 is in a crate in one of my garages, waiting to be torn down and gone through, the car itself needs a windshield and repainted.

A '73 340 Dart Sport, my first car. Numbers Matching 340 / 727 car, it's currently in the form of parts, scattered through 3 garages. I promised it some day i would put it back together.

My '74 Duster...ehehehe. That is my Daily Driver during the Summer months. The engine is a pretty wicked 1970 340 : 13.5 to 1 Compression Lunati 494/513 Cam, Extensively ported 2.02 J Heads, LD340 Intake with an 850 Thermoquad (port matched to the heads), Forged Crank & 4-Bolt Mains and too much other stuff to list, even i've forgotten how much i've done to it.

Ignition system is an Accel 300+ Box, with an Accel Super Coil, Recurved Distributor (1,200 rpm full mech. advance) with the Vacuum Advance Deleted

Transmission is currently a stock 727 with a Full Manual Shift Kit, we'll see how long it lives behind that 340. Hopefully long enough for me to build up my spare 727.

Rear Axle is a B-Body 8-3/4 with a 3.23 Sure Grip (489) Chunk on 28x10-14 Tires (185-70-14's up front). Eventually i'll be upgrading the axleshafts and converting to disc brakes in the rear.

Interior is my own creation, '69 'Cuda Instrument Cluster (Rallye Cluster) with Vacuum Gauge, Center Console is a '69 Cuda Console with a '70 Challenger Slapstik Shifter in it, Black & Silver Vinyle Interior (did the upholstery myself), Power-Heated Bucket Seats (from a '76 Volvo), AM/FM/8-Track Head Unit, with a 10-Disc CD Changer, 10GB MP3 Player, feeding the Amps & EQs, 12 Channels in the car (10 are currently in use). Plus it still has the factory options in place : A/C, Rear Defrosters, Map Light, and so forth.

All of the original parts (including the original 318/904/8-1/4) were put into storage incase i ever wanted to put the car back to original. Still haven't got around to installing the Supercharger, it's still in a box in the garage.

And my newest addition was a 1974 Plymouth Scamp (40,000 mile survivor) that i bought off of my neighbor for $100 (he's a cheby guy). 225/904/8-1/4. Power Disc Brakes, A/C, Light Package, Vinyle Top, Power Steering. You name it, it has it.

Also have a few other vehicles :

'92 Dakota (5.2 Mag/A518/NP231) Work Truck / Plow Truck. Needs an ECM and a External Voltage Regulator.
'48 Dodge "B1B-108" Pickup, Original 218 (Flathead 6) / 4-Speed truck
'84 D50 Turbo Diesel Truck (my first truck) : long story, almost as long as my '74 Duster
and a few others.

Yes Stan, lots of projects but no pictures. Bring on the car ****!!!! :-D

Welcome to FABO. You're going to have a blast around here.

Car **** huh? Brace your modems for impact and schedule an appointment with your eye doctor (didn't anybody ever tell you, you could go blind...)

First off, my baby.

S5000452-1.jpg

Ignore the Bungie Cord on the big battery, i borrowed the battery from my Diesel :-D

S5000463.jpg

S5000464.jpg

S5000468-1.jpg

Next up, my Work Truck, just a modest '92 Extended Cab Dakota. Side by Side with my '84 Dodge D50 Turbo Diesel

S5000163.jpg

Just the Dakota in "Winter Trim" (weighing in at 7,500 lbs with an 8.5' Snow Plow, 1 ton of stone in the bed and the fiberglass cap installed)

S5000433.jpg

dakr.jpg

Just the D50

S5000178.jpg

The '74 Scamp i picked up for $100

S5000472-1.jpg

S5000473.jpg

S5000474-1.jpg

S5000477.jpg

The '65 'Cuda

S5000497.jpg

S5000498.jpg

SANY0002.jpg

There's more pictures of everything, including my other vehicles, but there's thousands of em on my laptop that i'd have to search through first.

Nice effort!! Between the lift, the cool rides, the projects and the kitties, I can tell already that we're going to get along great.

Thanks for the laugh on your car **** opener by the way. I almost choked on my peanut butter toast. LOL (Those glasses I need for detail work now are obviously attributed to my long-standing habits rather than getting older. I like that. :-D)

If you wouldn't mind digging through that laptop a bit more, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to see that '48 pickup too. Thanks for sharing!

The Kitties, Furball (orange) and Wedge (camo) are my only cats. I adopted Wedge from the local vet about a year ago. Somebody poisoned my previous two cats (same time), Ash & Hemi. Hemi looked alot like Wedge and was my best friend for 6 years, she claimed ownership of the driver's seat of every project i had :-D

The D50 is sitting on 9.50-16's in the first picture, and 40x17-15's in the second picture. The 40's came from my '76 Ramcharger (another long standing restoration project).

At the moment the D50 is sitting on a Dana 35 / Ford 8.8" Axle Combo. It's getting a Narrowtrack D44 (Jeep Grand Wagoneer) Front Axle and a Chrysler 8-3/4 Rear Axle. And it's powered by a 4D56 2.5L Intercooled Turbo Diesel, backed by a KM145-D 5-Speed & a KM100/NP203 Doubler Transfer Case setup (my own creation)

Well lets see, here's some of the '48

S5000077.jpg

S5000237.jpg

S5000242.jpg

Currently finishing up a 12-Volt Conversion on the truck, then i'll strip it down and do a frame-off restoration. It's hogging up my Paint Booth at the moment, until i can clean out a spot in one of the other garages to store it.

I bought the truck from the 2nd owner (who's adoptive parents were the original owners), it has an original 48,000 miles (ironic that it has 48k and it's a '48) It was last drove in 1976 and still has the original 218 Flathead-6 and 4-Speed in it. Purrs like a kitten too. It's going to be an original style Restoration, minus the 12-Volt Conversion and a Cassette Player added under the dash. I also have some Era and Factory Correct parts to add (an original AM Radio, era correct Dash mounted Fan, original Spotlight, ect)

-
Back