New K-Frame?

-

BerryMoparBloodline

Reaction score
I am currently in the middle of restoring a '71 Dodge Demon that originally was a /6. Plans are to install either a 340 or 360. My question is will I need another K-Frame, or what I've seen called a V8 K-Frame? Also, could someone give me a Run-Down list of everything I will need to exchange out in order to install the 340/360 engines (torsion bars, etc???)

Thanks In Advance

No need to change K members. The list in in the 'search' button. No need to rehash it. It's done damn near every week.

radiator,throttle cable,more power=better brakes,if drum.transmission,drive shaft,what rear end is in it now?just a few you may or may not need

radiator,throttle cable,more power=better brakes,if drum.transmission,drive shaft,what rear end is in it now?just a few you may or may not need

It currently has the small 7 1/4 rear with drum brakes all around...I'm also currently in search for a 8 3/4 and the plan is for disc brakes all around.

I wouldnt swap K members, just get /6 to v8 mounts. I also think the pass pad on the K is almost identical to a 318 already. Nothing wrong with a /6 throttle cable either, I used one on my BB Dart for years. If it has /6 T-bars and you want to drag race it, leave them too.

As for the torsion bars, if the car came with a/c and no one has swapped them, it will have 318 bars already. They're still not 340 bars, but they're better/bigger than regular non-a/c torsion bars.

-
Back