New member 65 valiant steering

-

sparkymark

mature
Reaction score
Hey everybody, my names Mark. I have a 65 valiant convert. Been working on it off and on for the past 3 years. Right now I'm working on the steering. The bottom bushing is worn out and needs replacing. to do so I need to press out the pin at the bottom of the inner steel shaft Didn't think it was going to be such a chore .Didn't want to remove the cables from the shaft, looks to hard to put back together in a tight spot too. The cables go into the transmition, so I dropped the pan to remove the cables. Will remove the whole column cables and all. Keep you posted

Welcome from over on Vancouver Island. Let's see some pictures of the Valiant. I've got pile of parts for those cars including steering columns, so let me know if you need anything.

Hey everybody, my names Mark. I have a 65 valiant convert. Been working on it off and on for the past 3 years. Right now I'm working on the steering. The bottom bushing is worn out and needs replacing. to do so I need to press out the pin at the bottom of the inner steel shaft Didn't think it was going to be such a chore .Didn't want to remove the cables from the shaft, looks to hard to put back together in a tight spot too. The cables go into the transmition, so I dropped the pan to remove the cables. Will remove the whole column cables and all. Keep you posted

Welcome aboard this great site, I have found all the info and tech advice I ever needed here, jump on in and enjoy the great folks that has gathered when you can.

Thanks for the welcome everybody! looks like a great site to bounce ideas around, since we are working on the same cars, ill probably go bumper to bumper with this one. of course over time.70 Dart mike, looks like you got quite the collection over there. ill rebuild the steering column, since its only the bottom bushing that supports the inner steering shaft to center that needs replacing. iv seen some aftermarket ones for sale on e-bay, or have something made up. haven't came across any stock parts for this one. looks like a rubber bushing. i am looking for a L/S head light bezel, some interior parts, e- brake handle. 65 valiant signet , with a 273. ill try to post some pitchers .

]thanks for the welcome everybody! looks like a great site to bounce ideas around, since we are working on the same cars, ill probably go bumper to bumper with this one. of course over time.70 Dart mike, looks like you got quite the collection over there. ill rebuild the steering column, since its only the bottom bushing that supports the inner steering shaft to center that needs replacing. iv seen some aftermarket ones for sale on e-bay, or have something made up. haven't came across any stock parts for this one. looks like a rubber bushing. i am looking for a L/S head light bezel, some interior parts, e- brake handle. 65 valiant signet , with a 273. ill try to post some pitchers .

-
Back