New member, 72 Duster "340"

-

Levi1972

Reaction score
Hey there, new to to the forum and to Mopars but not to cars in general. Have a ton of questions, hopefully I can find most of the answers with the search feature but I'm pretty excited to start wrenching on my new car. Recently bought my 72 Duster 340. The Vin hints it was originally a 318 car, no fender tag but currently has a 71 340 engine and drivetrain from what I've been able to figure out including a 8 3/4 rear end.

The car came with a 4.56 rear end which I hope to find something a little more highway friendly. The car was sold with "455hp" which I doubt very much but it does have quite a healthy cam, intake, headers and what looks like a 600cfm Edelbrock.

I would ultimately like to swap in a modern Hemi engine, or a short deck big block of some sort. I don't really have an issue with the 340 but I would like something in the 500-600hp range to have a little fun with.

See you guys around!

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

D3.jpg

D4.jpg

Welcome to the site from a little south of you in Lethbridge.
Looks like you have a good project car there!

Welcome to FABO, from the Land of Lincoln. Very nice Duster, I am sure you will have a lot of smiles per miles.

Welcome from the great state I have called home for the last 50 years, Arkansas has been good to me, and we have many race tracks and beuityful women to wave at.

Enjoy this great site, beautiful mopar !!

-
Back