New member from way down in austin,tx!

-

429duster

Reaction score
Hello Y'all , I'm not new to the site at all I've been creeping around for years. First i want to say thank you for all the great info y'all provided for me through my resto. Anyway My name is Brett and I have a 1974 Plymouth Duster 225 a/t a/c good driver car. The really neat thing about my Duster is the fact I've had it since I was 14 and now I'm 30 WOW! anyway it was built on April 29th 1974 and my bday is April 29th 1984 kinda cool I saved this beauty from the crusher at the time I paid $300 cash for it, just wanted to stop by say hello and introduce myself.

Attachments

• 124.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 183
  • 127.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 128.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 134.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 137.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 156.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 100.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 005.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 220
  • IMAG0581.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 178
Nice looking car- welcome and next time I'm in Austin you can buy me a beer. ;)

Welcome aboard! Nice car and I love the story of it. I never owned a car more than about 5-6 years and usually have 3 or 4 at a time. I get bored and move on. If ya need help, this is the place to be. Dennis

You got yourself a deal crj! its a fun place to be for sure. Thank you Dennis yes I understand about getting bored im just going to build this car they way I would have ordered it in 1974. Its pretty much a 73 at this point i got rid of the rear bumper shocks with a 73 set up , plus it has a 72 slant in it Pre EGR but I have the system hooked up because its a 74 carb. I've got the super six set up just have not got around with it because I work nights and it makes me lazy! Thank you both for looking.

Yeah I like it down there...nice people, good food everywhere.

What part of Austin are you in? When I would go there I would stay up north towards Round Rock. There used to be a place on the left side of the freeway packed with mopars...can't remember what it was called.

Welcome-spent lots of time in austin and the hill country in spring, my wife and i fell in love with Luchenbach many moons ago and onion creek and the salt lick are our favorites. Steve

And ohh i forgot the trips out to llano and coopers for lunch, we attend Jerry jeff walkers bday weekend almost every spring, sunday afternoons at Gruene hall with a shiner and a cigar!!!!!

I live in north Austin, It is a great town but the traffic is not worth your time.. There is alot of great food and people! And yes I also love the hill country there is so many great back roads. Actually im from the DFW area, I've only lived here two years myself. There is also a Mopar club down here! I'm trying to find junk yards no luck yet.

Jerry Jeff, what a guy but these days I am so into the turnpike troubadours there amazing!

Welcome, Brett, awesome Slant Six WITH factory air! By the way you mean you're from way UP in Austin right?!!

Welcome!

I'm in Georgetown. Nice Duster! Like the truck, too! Looks like we have similar taste.

Not in the club but if the weather stays nice this next week or two I should have my motor back in and be out cruising.

Thank y'all for the love everyone seems like a great group, all with the same passion..

The thought of meeting some more local MoPar people kinda inspired me. I got the engine back in today. Still a week's worth of work to go (with my schedule), plus renewing the reg. and inspection....but should be on the streets again soon.

Thanks!
Maybe we'll meet up sometime!

There has been a pretty decent show at The Pit BBQ on Williams Drive here on Saturday nights lately...20-35 cars all makes and years,but you never know what is gonna pull in.

Last start before teardown 72 Duster: [ame]http://youtu.be/yEbzap2EMg4[/ame]

Agreed we should start something, Austin has a mopar club not sure if its still a thing.. Ive seen people meet @ TOP NOTCH BURGER on burnet rd a few times.

Welcome! If you haven't seen the vids or attended Chryslers in the Canyon yet it's a great time!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8_St6qsbs4"]Chryslers In The Canyon 3 - Plus CIC IV update! 10-13-12 - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back