New one piece strut rod bushings

-

schwinger

1972 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
hey everybody, just wondering about these new one piece strut rod bushings that I haven't seen before but the parts guy said they are the updated version which I didn't really believe but wanted to get opinions on this!

hey everybody, just wondering about these new one piece strut rod bushings that I haven't seen before but the parts guy said they are the updated version which I didn't really believe but wanted to get opinions on this!
Picture? Part number?

had a set years ago.. think they were mp parts.

2071443-P-1.jpg

Stock bushings as said ^^^^^^. They work just fine, but if your car has been updated with MOOG or other aftermarket pieces the cup washers are not compatable and will need to be swapped with factory washers!

Stock bushings as said ^^^^^^. They work just fine, but if your car has been updated with MOOG or other aftermarket pieces the cup washers are not compatable and will need to be swapped with factory washers!
Ok because I have a 65 dart gt that has the puck style and thought about using these but if they take a special kind of cup washer that would go where the tapered part of that bushing goes then using the stock puck washers wouldn't work correct?

Ok because I have a 65 dart gt that has the puck style and thought about using these but if they take a special kind of cup washer that would go where the tapered part of that bushing goes then using the stock puck washers wouldn't work correct?

Pucks were aftermarket on A's.
Generally speaking the washers for the puck style (MOOG) when "correctly" installed were inverted ie. )| |(.
The factory style single piece bushing uses the washers were as such (| |). The overall shape of the washers are different as well.

Later A's used a 2 pc "puck" style bushing setup w/the correct type washers for the style. I installed the Mopar perf. 1 pc. urethane jobs in my '72 swinger, not an easy job,
but they worked great once they were in there. I'm thinking '73-'76 on the 2 pc. usage.

Later A's used a 2 pc "puck" style bushing setup w/the correct type washers for the style. I installed the Mopar perf. 1 pc. urethane jobs in my '72 swinger, not an easy job,
but they worked great once they were in there. I'm thinking '73-'76 on the 2 pc. usage.

Should have qualified pre-72, used to the 60's models.

U also need the correct strut rod for the 1 piece bushing cause they are different lengths They take the fine threaded rods. Coarse thread rods use the 2 piece or puck style bushings. Kim

-
Back