New out building / shop in the works !

-
This is all good to hear. I have a 26x26 concrete pad that I am wanting to add onto to make 30x40.

@RAT ROD AL if you remember going to my dad’s house in Oklahoma he is putting a 40x60 Quonset hut style shop up right now. I am now living back in Oklahoma and in my childhood home just a couple properties away.

Hope to meet you guys someday!
I remember, My wife wanted to take one of the puppies your mother had. And your father bought some parts that another guy stiffed me on. If ever we get through OK may look you up !

Called th building company and complained , wanted some cash back or something, or thy could take it down and leave. We'll the bastards Called my bluff and told me to tell the workers to stop and take it down. . Needless to say we are taking it as is.
So sorry to hear this. So your contract says one thing, they do another, and expect the same $$? I'm sure if you had asked to add a foot once you had a signed contract it would have been an upcharge.

Guess this is yet another "hurricane" hitting you all the way in NC. Again, sorry to hear this.

C'mon down!! Inverness is within 15 miles of where I moved to last Nov. I did not know it when I moved here but this area has a rabid fan base of car nuts! People around here LOVE their old cars and hotrods and many, many of them have multiple cars. You can go to a cruise or car show just about every day of the week within 30 miles if you wanted to. Example: the city of Inverness closes down their downtown every 3rd Friday of the month, clears out whomever is parked there, and has an open show for older cars from 3:00 through the rest of the day. Pretty cool of them.

You know Florida weather and this area is not the tropics you were used to. We've spent our first winter here and are told it was one of the coldest and wettest the natives can recall. But that just meant we had to wear a sweatshirt on the coldest days and never stopped any outdoor activities! This area historically doesn't really get hit with the brunt of hurricanes - but I don't know why it couldn't. I'm 8 miles from the gulf but sit at almost 90 feet elevation so I sure won't have any hurricane flooding from one if it does come through! The summers here are, well, Florida summers. Major heat but we love that and have spent many weeks here in years past.

It's not really a tourist area so minimal snowbird traffic season. The natives here would tell you people like my wife and me are part of the problem of growth here! We live in a big subdivision with minimum lot sizes of 1 acre and minimal rules and dues less than $100 per YEAR! Large detached garages are permitted which was the draw for us. Inverness itself has grown quite a bit so "rush hour" traffic is a lot more than it used to be but it is nothing like being in a big city or s/w Florida since that's where you were before.

Don't know if you're a racer but the Gainesville Raceway track is about 65 miles away.

All that said, I can't imagine you moving again? You just left this state and showed some beautiful scenery right outside your door there in NC! But this new Floridian says c'mon back!! lol. PM me if I can help!

Hey, thanks for all the info! We're thinking about sneaking down for a few nights to check out the Inverness area sometime later this month. Some friends of us told us about the area and are planning on moving from Pine Island (where we lived in Fl) to Inverness. After living in Florida for 10 years, the winter weather was brutal for us. We're on the fence about moving back or just doing the snowbird thing to Fl each winter. I think really it would probably be easier and cheaper in the long run just to move back, but we'll see. The mountains are definitely beautiful during spring, summer, and fall.

Thanks again,
Al (and Theresa)

Hey, thanks for all the info! We're thinking about sneaking down for a few nights to check out the Inverness area sometime later this month. Some friends of us told us about the area and are planning on moving from Pine Island (where we lived in Fl) to Inverness. After living in Florida for 10 years, the winter weather was brutal for us. We're on the fence about moving back or just doing the snowbird thing to Fl each winter. I think really it would probably be easier and cheaper in the long run just to move back, but we'll see. The mountains are definitely beautiful during spring, summer, and fall.

Thanks again,
Al (and Theresa)
Well if you're coming to see the area, you MUST contact me so we can meet up! Can't be this close and not say hello. (We're officially in Beverly Hills, next door to Inverness.) Maybe plan a trip around a 3rd Friday of the month too so you can see that in Inverness!!

All done . Good enough I guess.

20240305_163419.jpg

20240305_163925.jpg

Hey man!!! Don't trip gong from the shop to the house.... you would not stop rolling before you hit Mertle Beach!!!!

That makes a nice building. I have seen them here when the guy could not weld oil stem!! :confederateflag:

Casey, you snowbirding in FL?

Yes, back and forth 6 months here 6 months there.

Here I call it my shack, with plenty of room to park things.

Basic simple living, it is 10 minutes close to everything. Like that a lot.

☆☆☆☆☆

Hey man!!! Don't trip gong from the shop to the house.... you would not stop rolling before you hit Mertle Beach!!!!

That makes a nice building. I have seen them here when the guy could not weld oil stem!! :confederateflag:
You got that right ! One day I was cutting some firewood and it rolled down the hill and hit the neighbors house and almost tok out their porch ! Luckily no one was home.
20240305_175945.jpg

Yes, back and forth 6 months here 6 months there.

Here I call it my shack, with plenty of room to park things.

Basic simple living, it is 10 minutes close to everything. Like that a lot.

☆☆☆☆☆
I really wanted to meet up with you while We lived down there but the hurricane threw a wrench in that plan one if these days we will meet !

Yeah we will meet. Getting to know more Mopar people here all along.

Charles Servedio supreme head porter who is only 15 minutes away has been a good person to know.

Just got into another Mopar Truck, 318 Roller Engine.

Screenshot_20240304-170818_Firefox.jpg

Rumblefish360 is 20 minutes to the South.

☆☆☆☆☆

Yeah we will meet. Getting to know more Mopar people here all along.

Charles Servedio supreme head porter who is only 15 minutes away has been a good person to know.

Just got into another Mopar Truck, 318 Roller Engine.

View attachment 1716217137
Rumblefish360 is 20 minutes to the South.

☆☆☆☆☆

70 Buster 340 is right down the road in Grant

This is all good to hear. I have a 26x26 concrete pad that I am wanting to add onto to make 30x40.

@RAT ROD AL if you remember going to my dad’s house in Oklahoma he is putting a 40x60 Quonset hut style shop up right now. I am now living back in Oklahoma and in my childhood home just a couple properties away.

Hope to meet you guys someday!
@go-fish i am on the Ok/Ar line, backside of Stilwell Ok . If you are anywhere close swing by anytime! Our shop is fully stocked with parts. Here we are with some of your fellow Okies! @Ben Drinkin We are doing a QC check on parts!

IMG_4066.jpeg

IMG_0381.jpeg

You'll have that thing stacked to the ceiling and be back in the parts business before you know it! Hate you had trouble with the contractor, but it's a nice, dry place to work. We need to get out to see y'all. I thought things would slow down a little when I retired.....nope! :BangHead:

Hey there Jackie ! I know what you mean, after about a year being retired and still do, Wonder where the Hell I found time to go to work 10 hours a day. And real soon we will put this place up for sale. It's just too far out in the Boonies, too big, and too cold for us sissies from Florida.

Finally getting things moving forward on the out building.

View attachment 1716216268

You got that right ! One day I was cutting some firewood and it rolled down the hill and hit the neighbors house and almost tok out their porch ! Luckily no one was home.
View attachment 1716217135
I am so happy you made the move out of Florida, I lived there 3 months out of every year from 7 to 15 years old, might be nice to retire there but I don't agree.. living on a hill where if you dropped a basketball you would loose it has been good to me for 18 years now, no flooding, never have a puddle of water to deal with, if you have to go to the mail box by foot its an adventure. Congratulations on getting the shop done, my mother in law lives in Stillwater Oklahoma, and who knows, would love to stop in one day.

-
Back