New Owner - 67 Barracuda Notchback - First Classic

-

ClassicSnap

Reaction score
Evening all,

From south of Jackson, Michigan. I just got my first classic and I'm pretty proud of her. The guy I got it from had the vehicle already stripped down and painted back to its original monotone white 5 years ago. From that point on, it basically sat without seeing any daylight, until last Saturday when I purchased it. Sure I have a big undertaking in the fact that I have 90% of the parts in totes from the original owner, less the engine and transmission.

It was originally a slant 6, so it has the lighter rear end. My plan is to put a 440 with a nice trans to match. I'm still wading through the boxes of stuff that came with the car.

The seats are 10/10 with no scuffs, tears or rips. The glass all around is good. New carpet (in a box)So as you can see from the pics, I'm building it from the ground up. I have lots of new parts for it from the previous owner, dash, headlight bezels, chrome work. Will be thoroughly searching these forums for any hints tips and good advice to help the build on the way. I'm going to list it as a 2 year project as money doesn't flow as easy as I would like it to LOL

How you see it is within 5 mins of off loading it from a trailer, complete with 5 years worth of dust it had collected.

Attachments

• csweb.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 133
  • csweb-11.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 112
  • csweb-6.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 115
  • csweb-12.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 118
  • csweb-20.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 145
  • csweb-24.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 131
  • csweb-14.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 124
  • csweb-30.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 119
  • csweb-29.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 130
  • csweb-15.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 121
Welcome. Good looking car. I purchase one a few months ago that was stripped down like that, only not painted. It's a lot of fun getting all back together

My young kids put a nice perspective on it. They said I've got all the pieces and to think of it like an adult sized jigsaw. Doesn't get any clearer than that LOL

Welcome aboard.

Your car looks a lot like another Barracuda I dig...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gBxdfUs8v0"]Junkyard 'Cuda Rescue, With Nitrous Oxide! - Roadkill Episode 11 - YouTube[/ame]

Welcome to FABO. You will find a lot of helpful and interesting people here. Love your new a-body. Should be fun. Keep us posted.

Welcome. Our very first fish ( late 1980 ) was a white 67 notch w/ slant 6 and metallic red guts. Only 3 OEM additions were full wheel covers, deluxe horn ring ( Charger part with extra little dust collecting groove cut in the spokes ) and the reverb am radio package.

I think "first classic" could imply that there might be more added later.
Watch out. It's addictive.
Space doesn't appear to be a problem for you from the pictures.

-
Back