New Pinion Yoke Question

-

darc1722

Reaction score
Just bought a new pinion yoke kit for my 742 diff. I got it on eBay from john wolfe, who sells a lot of Mopar parts. After I installed it and was bolting the u joint in I noticed that one side of the mounting bracket were the u joint sits in was wider than the other, by at least an 1/8 inch. My old one the sides were exactly the same. This is a part from Victory Performance and the number is EY2760-8751 for a 10 spline, 742 , 8.75 differential. Has anyone ran across this? Any thoughts? I'm thinking this can't be right as it would cause vibration. Might be some Chinese junk......

Haven't seen it but I'd say your most likely right, it's a piece of off shore garbage and will most likely vibrate and considering where it's at it'll probably wear out the front pinion bearing due to the imbalance. Sounds like it was machined wrong. I wouldn't use it.

I don't know where it was made, but it could be a part that snuck past quality control. I got a Direct Connection piston about 35 years ago that had the wrist pin hole machined about 20* off! Ask about getting it replaced.

I've bought several billet yokes from a couple of different sources, made by Victory, without issues.

-
Back