New Production Cars from Chrysler

-

69Rumblefish

Reaction score
My wife works at a local Chrysler dealership. She has heard that in the near future that Chrysler is bringing back the Dart and Barracuda. Anyone else heard about this. What do you think of this when they do?

!! LOL !! Holy crap, do you live under a rock?

2ltggfo.jpg

No, we've not heard about it. Thanks.

They got the names...

But will they be worthy???

Really? Cmon man,the Dart was a bread and butter fuel miser back in the day. The performance stuff was secondary to the Dart's main purpose,which was an economical people mover.As fat as I'm concerned Chrysler hit it on the head withe the new Dart,it'll likely sell very well seeing how it's very good on fuel,a major concern these days.

The thing I'm waiting on is reliability. Fiat has a rather poor history in this department,although recent history suggest's thing's are better.Perhaps fiat's unreliability will be fixed by good ole american knowhow! Reliability seem's to be one of Chrysler's forte's,speaking from the viewpoint of an owner of a modern pre fiat Dodge Caravan. My Caravan has let me down zero times. Let's hope Fiat/Chrysler is as good.

hey give the guy a break Ben Dover onterrible is hardly the epicenter of the information superhighway , unless your a bike guy then the run there is awesome .

I sure hope they leave the Barracuda, Cuda, and Demon names alone. Tony has NOTHING worthy... not even an Abarth with a chip.

My wife works at a local Chrysler dealership. She has heard that in the near future that Chrysler is bringing back the Dart and Barracuda. Anyone else heard about this. What do you think of this when they do?

the dealer is just finding out about this? no wonder the dealership network is so incompetent.

Fiats are good cars, just as an old Fiat mechanic! Haaaa! My sister has a 68 850 Spider, it came factory with wire nuts and directions to tow...New Fiat is world class though, 40 mpg sounds good to me. I bet that beats a prius on the real road. Add a small clean diesel and I bet they eclipse 50..mpg, not MPH.

Bring it.....
P5049127.JPG
P5049129.JPG
P5049131.JPG

08 custom......

40 mpg sounds good to me. I bet that beats a prius on the real road. Add a small clean diesel and I bet they eclipse 50..mpg, not MPH.

prius gets the best mileage during city driving. can't really compare a gas motor to the hybrid.

and 50mpg for a diesel isn't enough with diesel being so damn expensive now. gonna pay more for the diesel option then more for the fuel. the united states killed the advantage of a diesel powered car.

A Barracuda replacement would be much more trim, though still on a RWD platform. Chrysler and Fiat are said to be jointly developing a new platform that's smaller than the current Charger/300's LY. Gilles' Barracuda will be a far less literal interpretation of its namesake, which featured three separate body style designs from 1964 to 1974. They potentially provide a lot of styling cues for the new car, which will avoid a retro look.

when i read this all i can think of is that abortion of a car that GM called the GTO..

when i read this all i can think of is that abortion of a car that GM called the GTO..

nameplates aside, the most recent GTO and sister car the G8 are really nice cars. I got a chance to drive a G8 GXP, which is basically a four door corvette, the fit and finish is some of the best from GM.

nameplates aside, the most recent GTO and sister car the G8 are really nice cars. I got a chance to drive a G8 GXP, which is basically a four door corvette, the fit and finish is some of the best from GM.

GTO looks like a freaking front wheel drive thing. should never have got the GTO name.

Seems like everybody learned the "muscle cars need retro touches" after GM threw the GTO, Firebird and Camaro in the trash with their "This is what a mullethead thinks a rocketship should look like" styling.

If there's a new Cuda, I would be shocked if it didn't have a similar retro style to the Challenger.Though Chrysler has been known to do some truly stupid stuff with their legacy names.

-
Back