New Redline Charger 590HP/426ci

-
That great, but where is my F****** 6-Speed manual!!!!!:protest:

Do you realize how awesome the charger would be if it was a two door?

That thing just looks ten times better than a mustang or the new camaro any day of the week

somebody good at photochop?

Does this not mean it's not available anyway?

"Introduced as a non-production concept car at the 2010 SEMA show, the "Redline" then only touted a 370HP 5.7L HEMI. Mopar is now teasing us with the idea of a dealer-available 590HP-version (although, the official press release states that Stage III option would be wholly non-smog compliant). We guess we'll have to wait and see..."

Here you go

Attachments

• 2338814390_280ce1a074_z.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 293
  • 2337984209_2f10cfa632_z.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 304
  • 5980834588_85d112e05b_o-640x384.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 292
  • 5980275161_81fb13344b_o-640x384.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 281
the first 2 are hideous. the 3rd one is pure sexy...almost like it better than the original charger....

Still ugly, still four-door-only, still automatic. :( Drivetrain aside, there's nothing noteworthy. Nothing to see here, move along...

I just bought me a 2007 Charger R/T. I like having 4 doors. I usually have more than one passenger in my car whenever I get together with my large family. No more grunting, groaning, and complaining like we used to do while getting into the back seat of my brother's '69 Super Bee back in the day.

Also I think some of us are missing the main deal breaker on this...Price?!?! 40-50K for an SRT-8 then we are talking about 3 stages that they offer. Im willing to bet that the stage 3 redline package would be around 75k+ after mark up.

You all do realize that there is a 2 door 6 speed Charger, right? It's called the Challenger. Same platform, same engine and rear end.... Seriously people, not EVERY car a company builds can be a two door six-speed rwd HEMI monster. You have the Chally, why would you want something different? This goes for the Dart too, the Dart was only really a high performance oriented car when poeple found out they could drop a big block in pretty easily. It was designed to be an economical grocery getter. If you wanted power, you bought a B-Body.

A successful company needs to have cars that appeal to all market segments.

Now that being said, I do believe that the LX cars (Charger and 300) would really benefit from a manual trans option. Although, realistically, look at the number of high performance cars that are still available with manuals. There's some Aston Martins, BMW's, a couple Audi's, Corvettes and Vipers, and a few Lambos, but other than that, manuals are still mostly the domain of the smaller sporty car. Most really quick stuff has gone to the DPG style auto.

"I" want something different because it's what "I" fuckin want and that's ME. I don't really give a rat's *** what anybody else thinks, that's why. The Charger began life as a 2 door based off another body style then became its own entity. never before these hermorphadite obominations were they ever four doors. The Challenger's an over priced, luxo, heavy *** joke of a car. They should have made it the four door and made the Charger the balls out economical hot rod, but once again, the dolts at Chrysler missed the boat.

You all do realize that there is a 2 door 6 speed Charger, right? It's called the Challenger. Same platform, same engine and rear end.... Seriously people, not EVERY car a company builds can be a two door six-speed rwd HEMI monster. You have the Chally, why would you want something different? This goes for the Dart too, the Dart was only really a high performance oriented car when poeple found out they could drop a big block in pretty easily. It was designed to be an economical grocery getter. If you wanted power, you bought a B-Body.

Now that being said, I do believe that the LX cars (Charger and 300) would really benefit from a manual trans option. Although, realistically, look at the number of high performance cars that are still available with manuals. There's some Aston Martins, BMW's, a couple Audi's, Corvettes and Vipers, and a few Lambos, but other than that, manuals are still mostly the domain of the smaller sporty car. Most really quick stuff has gone to the DPG style auto.

I couldn't agree more. So pick out the car Chrysler makes that competes with the cajunko and rustang segment. Right, you can't because there is none. Hence Chrysler is NOT a successful company. Just like GM. They were doled billions in stimulus funds and STILL produce crap. Ford is the only one that I would classify as "successful" in today's market. Sad as it is to say.

I couldn't agree more. So pick out the car Chrysler makes that competes with the cajunko and rustang segment. Right, you can't because there is none. Hence Chrysler is NOT a successful company. Just like GM. They were doled billions in stimulus funds and STILL produce crap. Ford is the only one that I would classify as "successful" in today's market. Sad as it is to say.

Fords sales are plummeting amidst brand wide quality issues. I agree that the Charger is expensive, but Chrysler has always positioned their cars above Ford and GM in the market (not saying they were always worth it, but you get what I'm saying) As far as Chrysler producing crap goes, I would have to disagree with that. The 300, Charger, and the Grand Cherokee all set records for the number of awards they won. Chrysler is widely regarded to be one of the most successful turnarounds in recent history. The build and interior quailty on the new cars has been compared to BMW and Mercedes by several big name car rags, while Ford and GM haven't.

I think at this point, Chrysler's market strategy breaks down like this. They're not interested in compromising their cars to lower the price so they can appeal to a cheaper market segment. If you want cheap, buy a Dart, buy an Avenger, buy a 500. If you want a more upscale and sporty car than the Taurus and whatever it is GM is offering in the full size segment, the Impala I would imagine, then you buy the Charger. If you want one of the nicest cars you can buy for under 50k, you buy the 300. In that sense, it's great value and well priced when you see what it's really competing against.

And Chrysler is a very successful company. The fastest growing brand in Canada, one of the fastest growing in Europe and South America, and one of the faster growing companies in the US as well.

And I think the large number of guys running their Chargers deep in the 11's would disagree that it's heavy and slow. Heavy maybe, slow, no.

"I" want something different because it's what "I" fuckin want and that's ME. I don't really give a rat's *** what anybody else thinks, that's why. The Charger began life as a 2 door based off another body style then became its own entity. never before these hermorphadite obominations were they ever four doors. The Challenger's an over priced, luxo, heavy *** joke of a car. They should have made it the four door and made the Charger the balls out economical hot rod, but once again, the dolts at Chrysler missed the boat.
Gotta agree. The Challenger is too big to really compete with the Mustang/Camaro, unfortunately. Of course, they could just offer a smaller 2dr Challenger and leave the four-door Charger alone. That would probably resolve 95% of the hatred.

Still ugly, still four-door-only, still automatic. :( Drivetrain aside, there's nothing noteworthy. Nothing to see here, move along...
Yah, the Charger looks great as a 2 door. I tried to email Dodge but cant. We should all send letters saying to make a 2 door 2013 Charger.

Don't get too excited in California anyway....... Says it will not pass a smog check!
The stage 3 540HP Kit will pass smog it says.

-
Back