New timing chain arrived, looks used instead of new. Would you run it?

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey:

Just curious to see what others say.

I recently ordered a Cloyes billet race roller timing chain to replace my current stretched out deal. $149.99

This is what I got from a generally reputable vendor. Its definitely been in someone's hands before. box is all non-original type taped. Gear is scratched up and a little grimy. Would you run this?

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

the vendor is sending out another one and a call tag for this one. Unfortunately, it won't be here till next week and the track opens this saturday.....

it may have been on an engine, but not used. i would have probably used it. it doesnt look like it was ran. my $0.02

If I really wanted to race on Saturday I would, but if you could wait,I'd use a new one. I can't believe they sent that out as a new one. Nothing wrong if they sold it as a used and told you when you bought it.

Hey:

Just curious to see what others say.

I recently ordered a Cloyes billet race roller timing chain to replace my current stretched out deal. $149.99

This is what I got from a generally reputable vendor. Its definitely been in someone's hands before. box is all non-original type taped. Gear is scratched up and a little grimy. Would you run this?

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

the vendor is sending out another one and a call tag for this one. Unfortunately, it won't be here till next week and the track opens this saturday.....
I depends on how bad you want to race this weekend. I probably hasn't been hurt any but you kinda wonder why it was returned. If you're not going to race, I'd wait and put in the new, unmolested one.

-
Back