New to Classics and the Like

-

Zachary

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my name is Zachary Cuneo and I just bought my first project car. It's a 1974 Plymouth Duster. Previous owner put a 340 in it with .030 over-bore back in 1995, and a 727-auto with a ratchet shifter. It has 8.25 with 3:91 gears. She runs, but not smoothly...yet. I plan on doing the basics such as changing the oil, coolant, transmission oil and diff fluid and spark plugs. I also want to change the brakes (pads/shoes/rotors/drums) and flush the system, as well as change out the head gaskets and set my points. I plan on doing all of this next weekend when I get paid. Hopefully she'll run nice and smooth.

My end plan is to go for a Pro-Touring/Resto-Mod. I'll start with the mechanical stuff first and once I've got the power I want, I'll start on how she looks, to include interior overhaul, rust fixing, and pulling the engine to clean and paint it. I also want to put in an A-833 4-speed. That'll be my biggest hurdle as I have never done anything that difficult on a vehicle before. I hope that I can get some great info through this forum and build my Duster back to it's former glory.

-Zachary Cuneo

-- I also want to put in an A-833 4-speed. That'll be my biggest hurdle as I have never done anything that difficult on a vehicle before. I hope that I can get some great info through this forum and build my Duster back to it's former glory. --
-- Welcome from Pa, -- Lots of help here.

I will get pics up once I get home from work. Thanks for the warm welcome and I expect I'll be asking tons of questions about the transmission swap.

Here's a pic everyone.

IMG_20160823_193021979_HDR.jpg

-
Back