New to FABO

-

Jered

Reaction score
What's up everyone? My name is, well, Jered. I'm 24 and as the thread title states I'm new here. I just wanted to take a quick second and introduce myself. I live in Alabama just north of Montgomery, the capital.

I just recently purchased a 1973 Plymouth Duster from my dad for a whopping $1, of course only to exchange the title. My grandfather originally purchased it new and then handed it down to my dad. My dad drove it a lot when I was a kid until the oil pump seized and the block cracked. It hasn't been driven in a little over 10 years. So I wanted to keep it in the family and take it on as a project car. I'll be having it moved to my house this Saturday. So needless to say, I'm pretty excited. I plan on posting up pictures of my progress.

I hope to learn a lot from reading these forums in the future. I've already learned a lot from them in the last couple of weeks.

WELCOME man we just started my dads 1974 duster looking foward to seeing your build

Welcome Jered!!! In my opinion the best project/build is EXACTLY what you are doing! Its pretty rare that someone has the good fortune to have a chance to restore or build a car thats been in the family for 3 generations. Enjoy it and the site and definately get some pics up, and keep them coming, when you have a chance!!

welcome to the party!

sure you dont wana sell it to me and double your money? j/k

:)

Welcome Jered. Good to have you on board. Good luck with the resto.

Attachments

• IMG_0495LR (Small).JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 114
Welcome Jered :) Lots of great folks and info on the board, post some pics of your car buddy. take care and we will see you around!

Welcome to the board.

Let's get right into it....

When you stated the block was cracked....was it diagnosed by a mechanic as cracked or were you just using the term as the motor is *ka-put*? Just thinking it might only be seized!

It would be great if you could pull and rebuild the original motor.

How many miles were on the car when the oil pump went *ka-flu-ee*?

Pete

Welcome. You are fortunate to have a car like that in your family since new. Post up the pictures when you get a chance.

Welcome, And the best of luck on your Resto! Pic's are always welcome to look at as well! I don't think any Member gets tired of looking at someones build! Again, Welcome.. Craig.

Welcome to FABO, Jered, from SoCal. You're going to have fun here. Great people and loads of tech info.
Post pics of your new toy when you get the chance 'cause :worthles:

To pgkeating- There's a visible crack. I believe it slung a rod. My dad would know better than I, but I believe that to be the case.

To 70dartmike- It's a 225 slant 6. Hoping to maybe put a 340 in its place.

To everyone else- Don't worry I will be sharing plenty of pictures. Oh, and thanks for the warm welcome.

This is quick shot I took with a camera app on my phone, not real good for showing the car off but it's all I've got right now. I'll post up full color photos this weekend.

Attachments

• 2010-09-12 18_47_20.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 42
-
Back