New to Fourm & new to Mopar

-

Scott R.

Reaction score
At 53 years old I haven't worked on cars for something like 25 years. Got fed up with my "hi-tech" modern car several months ago and started a search for something from the 1960's to enjoy and drive most everyday for work. Found a 1965 Dodge Dart GT with a 225 slant 6 and automatic on Craigslist that caught me eye. Long story short....I bought it straight away. It runs great and looks decent. It needs a few pieces that I'm really having a problem finding...like the chrome weather strip that goes between the drivers side window and rear window and an original air cleaner. So far I'm having a blast working on it!

Attachments

• 20150927_162455.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 342
  • 20151007_153020.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 331
  • 20150929_073200.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 341
At 53 years old I haven't worked on cars for something like 25 years. Got fed up with my "hi-tech" modern car several months ago and started a search for something from the 1960's to enjoy and drive most everyday for work. Found a 1965 Dodge Dart GT with a 225 slant 6 and automatic on Craigslist that caught me eye. Long story short....I bought it straight away. It runs great and looks decent. It needs a few pieces that I'm really having a problem finding...like the chrome weather strip that goes between the drivers side window and rear window and an original air cleaner. So far I'm having a blast working on it!

Then you owe it to yourself to attend the Fall Fling at Woodley Park this Month. Bring your new Dart.

http://www.cpwclub.com/fallevents/fall-fling-event-2015/

Nice to hear! That is a beautiful dart you have there. I don't miss any of the amenities of modern cars in my 68 fastback, and couldn't care less about runflat tires, bluetooth email on the dash, or econo mode! My econo mode is refraining from mashing the gas pedal to the floor. My air conditioning is opening my wind-wings and windows all the way, along with the vent doors by my knee. And finally, my email is on my computer where I can read it, not on some dinky little screen.

Before I got my barracuda, your dart was one of the generations of darts I was looking at.

You should be able to find a lot of of parts you need here

Nice car. Someone has installed an internal-regulator GM (Delco) alternator; I wonder what bracket modifications were made to accommodate it, because it looks like it fits neatly.

the ole leaning tower of power....great stuff...drive the wheels off it....

Welcome to MOPAR! It doesn't get any better! Love your Dart. I just bought a '72 Dart Demon to keep myself busy for a few years.

Cool car, I like that year of darts! You may try popping the door panel off and see if that chrome fell off inside the door. I was in the same situation on my dad's satellite, and it was laying in the door bottom!

Cool car, I like that year of darts! You may try popping the door panel off and see if that chrome fell off inside the door. I was in the same situation on my dad's satellite, and it was laying in the door bottom!

Thanks...great idea. I'll give it a go next week when I'm back at home.

Well better late then never. Who say's you can't teach an old dog new tricks! Welcome to the best Mopar site on the web! P.S. Love the Dart

Took off the door panel....low and behold....there it was! Thank you.

Attachments

• 20151024_154853.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 174
Welcome Scott! Great looking car. Enjoy yourself getting it into shape and cruising around.

-
Back