New to Old Mopars

-

RedSwinger

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just joined the ranks of old Mopars! I have been a long time Mopar fan and owner, but on the new car side. My current Mopars are a 2001 Prowler, an '05 Grand Cherokee with a 5.7 Hemi and my wife's '04 PT Cruiser Turbo.
Well, I got the old car itch and went out searching . . . came home today with a red 1972 Dart Swinger, 318, Auto. The car is in real nice shape, but will get new disc brakes on the frot, a new "Tuff" steering wheel, new tunes (with satellite) and most of all, a good going over, both cosnetic and mechanical.
My first real Mopar back in 1975 was a '73 Swinger, and my wife's first car was a '74 Scamp, so an A body was just perfect for us!
I was happy to find this Forum, and have spent time reading posts and looking at some of the restoration projects.

72 Dart  -2.jpg

Welcome to FABO! You're gonna have fun here. That's a mighty fine '72 Swinger.

By the way, you could have just purchased some raffle tickets ($5 each) for the '70 Dart Swinger our club built as our 2009 charity raffle car this year. We're drawing the winning ticket on Oct. 17th at Fall Fling in Van Nuys, CA.
Sweet ride... 'Plumb Crazy' purple, new Legendary white interior, and a Paxton-supercharged 360/904/8.75 powertrain. PM me if you're interested in some raffle tickets.
All proceeds go directly to the California School for the Deaf in Riverside, California. Each raffle ticket is a charitable donation so they are fully tax deductible.

2009_70DartRaffleCar.jpg

Thanks everyone! Y'all make me feel so welcome here!

Welcome RedSwinger!These guys and gals are the best with anything you might need help with!Anything!Love your new ride!

That's a great lookin' Swinger! Welcome! toolmanmike

Beautiful car! I've always been a fan of those dual hood scoops. You made a nice score finding that car, and an equal one finding FABO. It's great to have you here with us.

thanks, nice looking Demon too! I about bought a 71 Demon 340, butterscotch color, but it still had too many Demons lurking in it . . . long story, but it was a fully restored car that left me stranded on the side of the road about a mile from the owners house. That was just the last of a long list of things that went wrong after I agreed to buy it. Anyone want some Demon shirst can caps?
Anyway, I am REAL happy with the Dart, and with all the nice folks on FABO!

Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy it as much as we all do. Keep me in mind if you need any parts as I have tons for sale.

Very sweet!
Welcome aboard!

Your other rides sound awesome too!
Any pics of that Prowler?
I've got a big of a weakness for Prowlers, considering they're based on my beloved LH chassis and use my beloved 3.5HO engine.

Hey Sneke eyez, I will post a photo of my Prowler tomorrow (all my pics are on my desktop). It is a Mulholland Edition, with an aftermaket hardtop and shade shifting flames. I have had a real blast owning it, been having the same kind of fun this week with my new (old)Dart. The Dart will be entering it's first two car shows over the weekend. I will let you know how it comes out.

-
Back