New to site w/a lot of questions

-

'Cause

need lots of parts
Reaction score
First, I'm Retired. This IS my first post.
Now that is out of the way, I just picked up a really clean '73 Scamp body (roller) I also grabed another '71 Scamp w/a Very clean body. NO rust on either one. Ya gotta love AZ. The '73 had been a Drag Race car for many, many years and is set up for a BB. Our intent is to make it street legal again, I know, I know, it's going to take some work, that's OK, it's a project car! So given this info, beware, I will have hundreds of questions!!!
Most question are going to be "what body parts will interchange between years, the Dart and the Scamp. I.E.; Hoods, Grills, Bumpers... Interior pieces; Dash, door panels and such.
Oh, yeah, both are two door a HT's.
For exanple, I like the rear bumper of the '71, will it go on the '73? Can the front of the '73 be fit with like the hood/grill of a 71-72 Dart? (Im using the '71 Scamp as a parts car for the '73) The '73 is already set up with a Ford 9" and K-member for a Big Block.

I'm hoping to find a good search function here as I'm sure most everything I'm going to ask has already been asked and answered before!!!

I have several other 'Toyz', and there is not much I haven't done in the past past 50 years on cars!!!!

Ken

You have found the right place, first "Welcome" plenty of educated Mopar techs here

Sure hope so... This is going to be a fun project... Minimal interior, no back seat, Functional Dash, lights, 4:10's w/Detroit, 440, 727, subframe linked, small tubs, I would like to take out the current fuel cell (5 Gal) and put a tank back in it, No Heater, No AC... disc's on the corner's and that is about it.

Ken

Welcome Ken, retired here, but am working part time. Lots of knowledgeable people here to help answer your questions.

:welcome: to the fray!!
I like the rear bumper of the '71, will it go on the '73? yes - if they are both Scamps they should be damn near identical. (are you sure the 73 isn't a 74??) Can the front of the '73 be fit with like the hood/grill of a 71-72 Dart? no - it requires a full nose change... though the fenders can stay.

with that said - nothing is impossible if you want it badly enough. :thumbsup: Darts and Scamps are essentially the same car..

Last edited:
a 70-73 rear
mopp-1208-02-1973-Plymouth-Scamp-.jpg

a 74 rear
20766090004_large.jpg

The '73 going into the garage.
SLIMER.jpg

The '71 using for parts.
slim2.jpg

I'll be selling the doors, trunk lid, fenders, rear window glass, and a good part of the trim pieces.
Quarter panels if anyone would want them.

Last edited:
Welcome , retired also, from frozen New Hampshire . You sure are lucky to have good steel . I have a '72 Scamp with a "B" motor, 727, 9":4.10's . Basically a Scamp is a Dart with a Duster nose . 1970-1972 parts exchange fairly well . 1973-1976 parts exchange well also . If you decide to part with either one , please let me know . We will help you all we can . Good luck, stay safe , go fast .

Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA. That 73 looks like a very clean car to build upon.
Thanks... I won't say the body is perfect but there is not one dent or a spot of rust on it.

i picked this up today, my $100 'donor' car...
freckles_1.jpg

It has nearly every part on it that I need, great Dash, Hood, Gas Tank, Complete uncut wire harness, interior pieces, all the stainless trim... and parts for parting: Doors, glass, trunk lid fenders, rear glass... even the quarters are all good... no rust thru anywhere, just a great straight clean body... should be more than enogh to cover a core 440 and 727 for my build!!!

I also will be picking up a complete front clip from a '72 Duster that is dent/rust free...

Ken

Welcome from SoCal, I just joined last week, this is an awesome site. Much information and answers.

Welcome! If you swap all your '73 Plymouth parts over to your '71 Plymouth, you will have no issues. Dodge Dart fenders are different than Plymouth fenders so be wary if you are putting on a Dart front end on your '71 Plymouth.

Welcome! If you swap all your '73 Plymouth parts over to your '71 Plymouth, you will have no issues. Dodge Dart fenders are different than Plymouth fenders so be wary if you are putting on a Dart front end on your '71 Plymouth.

Thanks for the welcome!
The '73 is the Drag Car that was a dedicate strip car, the one we are going to put on the street, just needed a lot of parts to do it. The '71 is the donor! We picked it up late yesterday afteroon and started on it around mid-morning ~10:00, by 2:30 we have it pretty well srtipped as you can see. The front end picked clean, the wire harnesses that were needed (all of them) The dash, all of the interior is out, about the only left in it that we need is the Gas Tank to get rid of the '73's Fuel Cell...

Freckels%202.jpe

Good Help Is Not Easy To Find!!!!!
(Bisqwik at work!!!)
freck3.jpg

The Fenders, Doors, Glass, Quarters ( or entire whole shell ) will now be up for sale.

Ken

Last edited:
-
Back