New toy truck!

-

bmxican

Mopar Aficionado
Reaction score
Just thought I would share, I'm pretty stoked..

So I've been wanting a new toy for awhile, specifically a pick-up truck. After looking around at numerous Toyotas and old Jeep Comanches, I couldn't justify spending a few of grand on either.

That's when I came up on this baby:

View attachment IMG00048-20101016-1820.jpg

1969 Dodge D200 Hawk long bed with a 318.

It was listed on SD Craig's List for a month, finally got a hold of the 86 year old owner, after many, many phone calls. Went down there on Saturday and picked it up for $800. It runs strong, shifts good and drives well.

Has a bunch of ghetto wiring (which I am still working on), some rusty floors, no wood left in the bed and some rust on the cowl and cab.

It came with a camper (which is now gone), utility boxes and the original fenders as well.

So, what do you guys think? :D

I have one like it with rear dual wheels and no camper if someone would be interested. Very little rust.

I got rid of the camper ASAP. Too heavy and no place to store it. It's sitting next to my dumpster. :p

I'm currently dealing with some re-wiring, everything was jerry rigged. I am having some mad issues, only getting 9 volts to the coil. It was running before until I messed with it.

Driving myself crazy, working in the rain. :(
I found a site with a wiring diagram, but I'm still racking my brain...

http://www.sweptline.com/tech/69wire.jpg

pull out all the wirering and start fresh. you will be better off in the long run. sweet deal on the swepty too. i love those trucks. and actually came close to buying one instead of the duster, but decided i wanted a race car more than a street truck.

who was Jerry that had been rigged or was it the Jury which had been rigged?

I dunno, some just gotta stop a running vehicle :)

bmxican, that is kick ***, would be a great truck to haul a car to the strip, nostalgia baby!

bmxican, that is kick ***, would be a great truck to haul a car to the strip, nostalgia baby!

Yup! I wanted a work truck that was nostalgic and got it for sure!

Just got her running again this morning. Sorted out all the wiring issues.
She runs damn good. Now to get some upgrade goodies for it!

Awesome find, I've got a 65 Fargo Powerwagon W300 and a 66 Dodge PowerWagon W300. Join the sweptline site, I'm a member on there too, lots of really good info.

Awesome find, I've got a 65 Fargo Powerwagon W300 and a 66 Dodge PowerWagon W300. Join the sweptline site, I'm a member on there too, lots of really good info.

Just joined it, I will be posting there soon as I have tons of questions! :D

-
Back