New Video's of The Valiant Running the 1/4 mile!!!!

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Well, 4 days after I tore up the Valiant (I broke the Valiant thread) I got it too the race track, pretty crazy!! Thanks to my bud Mike (babyblue66) who was a big help getting this car back in order! I took it VERY easy on the car, launching at only 2,000-2,300 RPM, not even heating the drag radials up very much. I was also shifting gears at 5,800-6,000, not even letting the 340 even wind out much. My best time is my quickest so far, running a 13.58@102 mph with tire spin, even while shifting into 2nd and 3rd. Made 8 passes, all 13.5, 13.6 and 13.7, I was happy, especially since the car held together and works good consiering all I put it through. Next time, harder launches, higher shifts, and the tires will be hotter!! My overall best top speed in the quarter is 105 MPH so I know it has more to offer!! Enjoy the vids from the track last weds nite in Brainerd MN, Keith.

Nice videos. Looks like she's workin' good again. toolman

congrats man!! hey i i remember right i think our biulds are fairly close, what gears are you running in that thing? GET THOSE TIRES HOT! i let em smoke for a min and leave the line at 4500 rpms it hooks hard, i havent broke anthing yet....listen for the time at the end of it it wont show numbers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIPcjNPcYrY

Cool runs Keith!If your spinning in 3 gears?Ya got get the hot!I use my line-loc and heat them up in 2nd gear.It,s a very nervous feeling launching a 4 speed that grabs.Hope you get some more runs and vids up soon.I,ve swapped to 340 X heads and Air-gap intake on the 66 Dart and hope to do some runs next week with it.I,ll try and get some vids taken.Good Luck!

Looks like that Dart smoked on you. LOL

Nice runs. Good to see she she is running good for you again. What did you end up needing to do to fix her?

Looks like that Dart smoked on you. LOL

Nice runs. Good to see she she is running good for you again. What did you end up needing to do to fix her?

Yea, it had a 340 stroker (416 I think) with a 4-speed, it hailed ***!

Thanks for the vids! Do they usually announce at your track on test and tune night?

Car looks great going down the track. Always a fun day beating on your car seeing what she'll do. I haven't gone out yet this year and you've inspired me to get busy getting ready for Mopar Day at Milan. Jayson

-
Back