New water pump, what to do with fan?

-

Coryduran

Reaction score
So I am replacing my water pump, had to order the new one, just got it in today, and I'm not sure how to go about getting the fan onto it. Here is a pic, kinda a bad pic but I can take more if you guys need it to see what's going on.

There is no kind of fan assembly like the old one already installed, so I'm wondering if I have to pull the old one and put it on this new one, or what's up with all that. It has four holes that look perfectly sized and spaced for my fan, but if I just mount it on as is, I have no idea where the belt is suppose to go to actually make this all spin. Any help would be awesome.

Attachments

• waterpumps.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 131
take a hammer and tap the spacer off the front of the old pump. The pulley should then slide off the old pump. Reinstall on new pump. Sometimes the spacer sticks on the shaft of the pump.

There's a spacer on the old pump you need to remove then the belt pulley will come off the old pump to use on the new one. Smack the spacer a couple times with something hard to jar it loose.
Darn Kocuda bet me to the punch! LOL

I'm such a rookie, but yeah I have no idea where that spacer is, I mean I'm looking, and I have things I think you're talking about, but I don't wanna just start hitting ****.

The spacer is that round thing sitting on the water pump pulley. tap the side of it with a hammer and it should fall off of there.

done. do i need to replace spacer or is reusing the old one fine?

Well, I got it all installed and stuff, only problem now is there are two bolts sitting on the inner fender well. No idea why they weren't used. I am gonna have to go back under tomorrow and tear it up again, and figure it out.

Well, I got it all installed and stuff, only problem now is there are two bolts sitting on the inner fender well. No idea why they weren't used. I am gonna have to go back under tomorrow and tear it up again, and figure it out.
Show is the bolts......we'll tell you where they go....or where to stick them! :)

-
Back