New wiring harness

-

Dartakoff

Reaction score
I just bought a 69 Dart custom. I am removing the S6 and will be installing a 383. In addition I will be doing a complete rebuild. I am looking into buying a new wiring harness but I need to know if it is a 12 or 14 curcuit system. Does anyone know for that year car? Does it matter? Thanks!](*,)

If you're gutting the factory wiring and installing Painless or other aftermarket wiring harness, just make sure your new harness has enough circuits for all of your electrical devices.
If you're looking to keeping it "stockish", there are several sources for wiring harnesses that just plug into your car. Year One is one supplier, there are others.

ATB

BC

Not many would have a wiring harness for a big block. Check that forum here or bigblockdart.com. The after-market harnesses are very expensive, so make sure it does what you want. If you need to hack it up, smarter to start from scratch. Many are wired for the old Mopar electronic ignition, so if you aren't using that expect to hack.

IF you install ANY aftermarket kit , there are items not included such as wipers, ingition, backup lights and others. You will get good at reading stock wiring diagrams. I am installing a American Autowire kit in a 64 Barracuda at this time and almost finished. Expect to spend about 3 weeks on wiring. I also added weatherpack bulkhead connectors and weather pack connectors instead of stock outside of firewall.

Are you looking for a stock harness or an aftermarket harness ? The Y/O harness are really nice. Ive used 3 of them and will buy another for my Duster.

The Dart Sport harness would be totally different. The 73 dart Sport Harness is for just the engine with a separate light harness. The 69 Dart harness is both lights and engine.

Y/O sells a modified harness that will use the later voltage regulator, alternator and electronic ignition. Part # HU224AM $159

No, they are wrapped together and the wires are most likely in different locations of the plug. Plus no BB 73 Dart Sports so wire lengths would be off.
The correct harness is only $150 and the Dart Sport harness is $250

No, they are wrapped together and the wires are most likely in different locations of the plug. Plus no BB 73 Dart Sports so wire lengths would be off.
The correct harness is only $150 and the Dart Sport harness is $250

Now i know the rest of the story,thanks Adam

-
Back