New wiring!

-

NukeSec1

DUSTinguished
Reaction score
Project Deeds!~ When taking an inventory of "the project" I could not help but notice that the wiring on Project Deeds is a cluster! It's been spliced, taped, cut, removed etc....Can any of you recommend or have used an aftermarket harness for the A Body? My gearhead buddies say "Oh, it's a piece of cake. Everything is labeled." But they all have "Rods." Like '36 chevy Pickups, '54 chevy's, or a cross of rat rods that I like to call "Fordolet's." Any source I can write down in the Project Deeds notebook where we can get a specific harness? What a mess!

i just went with the ez-wire harness with the 18 fuse-21 circuits. by far the cheapest and the best one around. it was $185 but it literally is marked every 6" and has a great booklet of instructions on how to do everything.

hey, hows it going? i rewired my wagon with an EZwiring kit. its just a universal kit. the only problem is everything has gm plugs on it. like the ignition switch and stuff. so save all the connectors from your stock harness, then you need to get a bunch of terminals and the crimping tool for them, so that you can put the wires in your mopar connectors. the hardest part for me, was wiring the ignition switch and gauge cluster. you need to get a factory manual with a wiring diagram, and trace out where what wire goes where, so you know where to hook up the new wires. i found it sort of relaxing though and its very rewarding when everything in your car works.the other nice thing, is you can get away from some of the "faults" of the stock mopar electrical system. such as the ammeter, i didnt hook that back up. eventually i am going to have mine converted into a volt meter. and i also ran an internally resisted coil, which meant i could get rid of my ballast resistor. so i dont have to worrry about that going out. and one of the nicest upgrades was running my headlights directly off the battery through relays. now that headlight switch turns on the relay which sends full voltage to the headlights. no more dim headlights! it will be time consuming to go through the whole car, but trust me, its worth it. good luck!

Got it! EZwire, and save all the connections! My buddy in high school had a Dodge Aspen R/T. First time we went cruising around I noticed he hado ne of those resistors in the glove box. I was like "What's this?" He said, "I don't know, but my dad said if the car ever stopped running I should replace it before I call him." LOL!

yup, i've heard that too. good luck with your project, and keep us posted. oh yeah, we also like pictures here. hehe

-
Back