Newb just bought 70 Dart Swinger 318!

-

macdrew77

Reaction score
Hi all from lovely Placerville, CA. Just bought my first car, a 1970 Dart Swinger, originally a 318 2 bbl v8 with 3 on the tree. Previous owner had a lot of work done to the motor and had a 727 trans put in, swapped carburetors and didnt get it running for a year and a half. So I'm in the process of trying to get her back to life. I just took apart the carburetor and discovered the wrong metering block gasket in. I got that ordered and should have it in this weekend, and will see if she'll fire up. Just testing the waters here.

Attachments

• 1 - fHuxzTa.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 2 - 2mUxlQV.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 3 - 7FQaGL2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 242
  • 4 - tpFfPqK.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 205
  • 5 - ewdJS6f.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 228
Welcome to FABO! Just from your pics, i can see a whole lot of good in that car. Looks like a great project that maybe needs some tweak's and a little interior work. I see you have a "Demon" carb you're dealing with.....Hopefully you get that squared away and get her running up to speed. :thumleft:

Welcome,nice paint job. Placerville, been through there.. Welcome, from the coast.

Here's a closer look at the carburetor on there, and some mufflers included in the trunk. It also came with the original 318 heads and the matching pieces to the mismatched rear seats. And I must comment on the paintwork. Though it looks good from a distance, it was painted over the original color (something blue) and is chipped and scratched all over the place.

Attachments

• ZDtsl1r - Imgur.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 197
  • ft4SvQy - Imgur.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 217
Here's a closer look at the carburetor on there, and some mufflers included in the trunk. It also came with the original 318 heads and the matching pieces to the mismatched rear seats. And I must comment on the paintwork. Though it looks good from a distance, it was painted over the original color (something blue) and is chipped and scratched all over the place.

Looks like a later model Holley 3310(a damn good thing).,throw those glass pack's ,in the trash.(my honest opinion)..

Welcome to FABO! Good first car! Great holly carb, now just ditch the glass packs and get a couple of Flowmaster 40 series to make it sound great or go with magnaflow if you want it a little quieter.

Welcome! Looks like you've got a good project on your hands. Plenty of help around here if you get stuck, do a search or post a question. Good luck on your build!

Do yourself a big favor and put this on a bit farther. :)

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 163
Yeah definitely, that looks like an under hood fire waiting to happen.

And Welcome to FABO, nice Dart.

Thanks for the warning guys. Though the fuel line is so tight I tried to pull it off and failed, so I left it. Plan to go thru and replace most of the hoses under the hood though. Turns out the previous owner wired up the electronic ignition so that it was only receiving 12volts with the key in the start position, so there was no spark except when cranking. Hooked it up straight to the battery and She fired up real good. Needs wiring and interior work, mostly.

-
Back