Newbie from Wisconsin

-

Darwin

Evolutionary Member
Reaction score
I've been a member for about a month or so but didn't really know how to navigate the sight, so i'm taking this opportunity to introduce myself.
The name Darwin came from my 15 year old son. He belives in the theory of evolution...Camaro eats Mustang,Barracuda eats Camaro. Therefore he has nicknamed our project, a '66 Barracuda, Darwin. WE've been working on it for about 3 months. Was supposed to be a "simple" restoration, is now a shell. Every time we worked on something it lead to something else. I posted a thread looking for floor pans, had a few responses, thanks guys.
Ended up ordering a set from Autobody Specialties, got 'em yesterday, looking forward to tearing into it this weekend. The pictures are what the car looked like when I got it about 4 years ago. Hope, with the help of the great folks here, to have it on the road by june when my son gets his lisence. He'll be the coolest kid on campus.
Sorry about the small pics, I'll get the hang of it.

IMG_3810_1_1.jpg

IMG_3813_1.jpg

Welcome to FABO,darwin. I'm sorry but I don't have the link to explain posting pics,but I am sure someone will jump in here who has it.:-D

Welcome aboard Darwin and son!!!

Some people call what you're experiencing now "mission creep ..." Personally, I refer to it as "While I'm Here Disease." My simple restoration (started in 1991) quickly turned into redoing everything on the car since I couldn't see fixing one thing while not fixing another that was related to it. Hopefully you and your son will get a lot more done in a short time than I did, and he will be driving and enjoying it lonnnnng before he gets out of graduate school. :-D

You've found the best Mopar site on the net! It's great having you here.

Darwin,

It's great that you are working on it with your son. Make sure to involve him with each decision in the process, not just the labor to "do it". Good life's lessons can be learned from the "entire" process!

I had that "creep" issue with my last car (Buick convertible), but feel fortunate that my latest (68 Dart GTS) was 15 years with the PO. Now that the tuff stuff is done, I'm putting the finishing touches on it.

Pete

-
Back