newbie looking for some answers on best Demon quarter panel

-

fez440

Reaction score
hi all, i was hoping all you experts on here could maybe help me out when its comes to choosing quarter panels for a 71 demon. AMD makes 2 styles of quarter panels as you can see in the pics i posted. i have read about people using the full quarter panels and having problems with fitment with them(some pics i have seen seem rather nasty.
i have never read anything about the other ones they sell. which would be over all the better choose to buy?
i dont need the full quarter but if they are the better choice i would go with them. any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• 700-1370-L.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 345
  • 710-1370-L.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 335
Amd all the way! A skin can be use but it's really easier to replace the whole quarter (also a duster/demon use the same quarter panel).

im just worried about stuff i have see like in these photos...:S

Attachments

• Duster%20qtr%20002%20resized.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 350
  • Duster%20qtr%20001%20resized.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 352
Honestly stuff like this happens to all producers, and the vast majority will work with you to fix the problem. That said, I've seen quite a few amd panels none that out of whack.

ok thanks for the info, i know that panel is bad :S so the full amd quarter is the better/easier fit then the other amd quarter panel?

I am in the process fo replacing my full quarter panels and having a difficult time getting the lip at the door jamb line up properly. I don't have any pictures of the fitment but it appeares that the top is pulling the jamb back and it is causing the bottom of the lip to go forward. It also seems too tall in that area. I am about to give up and have a shop do it. These are AMD full quarters.

I use AMD on all my resto's! Perfect fit everytime. OEM quality to boot! Go with full 1/4s, they are pricey but well worth the cost.

Get with member JSBROWN here. He is a dealer and has superb customer service!!! MEMBER DISCOUNTS!!!!

I use AMD on all my resto's! Perfect fit everytime. OEM quality to boot! Go with full 1/4s, they are pricey but well worth the cost.

Get with member JSBROWN here. He is a dealer and has superb customer service!!! MEMBER DISCOUNTS!!!!

thanks for the reply :)

i used AMD full quarters and ran into fitment issues at the top door jam. i think that is common on these as my friend who just got his duster done had the same issue. How ever i did mine when they first came out so they may have solved the issues.

but never the less i solved them on mine by cutting a chunk off my old one and fitting it in.

if you search the link below you can look at the pics of how i fixed mine.....

5.7L hemi Duster/resto.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=93051

i used AMD full quarters and ran into fitment issues at the top door jam. i think that is common on these as my friend who just got his duster done had the same issue. How ever i did mine when they first came out so they may have solved the issues.

but never the less i solved them on mine by cutting a chunk off my old one and fitting it in.

if you search the link below you can look at the pics of how i fixed mine.....

5.7L hemi Duster/resto.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=93051

thanks for the info, i can use all i can find : )

I just got through having my body shop install the skins on my Dart project.They did an awesome job,but would have prefered the full quarters on the top !! I think you'll find that like others have said,AMD is the way to go !!

I just got through having my body shop install the skins on my Dart project.They did an awesome job,but would have prefered the full quarters on the top !! I think you'll find that like others have said,AMD is the way to go !!

yes i can agree even with the extra work i wouldnt venture away from AMD.. you cant complain to much when you look back a few short years and realize how far the after market suport has come for these A-bodies.

You can get just about anything you need now.

I am in the process fo replacing my full quarter panels and having a difficult time getting the lip at the door jamb line up properly. I don't have any pictures of the fitment but it appeares that the top is pulling the jamb back and it is causing the bottom of the lip to go forward. It also seems too tall in that area. I am about to give up and have a shop do it. These are AMD full quarters.

do you havev any photos of the issues you have had?

Yes, I've delt with Jeff Brown at 521restorations.com many times and he is GREAT to deal with. Great prices and service. Let him know your an fabo member.

Yes, I've delt with Jeff Brown at 521restorations.com many times and he is GREAT to deal with. Great prices and service. Let him know your an fabo member.

thanks for the info but they dont ship to canada. i already know a supplier in canada is canada though. just looking for info on which style to choose, which is overall the easiest to install

i have talked to AMD about this issues people are having with the OE quarters and they have told me that there is a newer verison coming out soon that is "suppose to" have the issue resolved.

Here are some pictures you asked for. I also worked with Jeff Brown on this. He is a good guy. He also said that AMD had corrected this problem. Maybe I got some from before they fixed the problem. Or maybe something on my car shifted. I think AMD puts out a great product I have used them before but I cannot figure this out. AMD said to clamp the pinch weld below the door jamb and try to get the panel to rotate up and forward and maybe lift the rear and rotate forward. Nothing is working.

Attachments

• IMG_1239.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1240.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1244.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 206
In regard to those last pics...we had that same prob. with the AMD. Alas it is the only game in town, and it looks fantastic now! remember that car is 40 years old...tons of things can happen in that time! Just do it and be ready to make a pie cut and fill in with a piece you will have to fab!

ok thanks for all the advice! : ) im going to wait awhile to order them since i dont need them and AMD told me they should have the new ones by next month

Here are some pictures you asked for. I also worked with Jeff Brown on this. He is a good guy. He also said that AMD had corrected this problem. Maybe I got some from before they fixed the problem. Or maybe something on my car shifted. I think AMD puts out a great product I have used them before but I cannot figure this out. AMD said to clamp the pinch weld below the door jamb and try to get the panel to rotate up and forward and maybe lift the rear and rotate forward. Nothing is working.

thanks for sharing : )

i have talked to AMD about this issues people are having with the OE quarters and they have told me that there is a newer verison coming out soon that is "suppose to" have the issue resolved.

fez440

I do not reccomend Cross Canada Auto Body panels if you can get your hands on AMD panels. The CC AB panels are poorly stamped and show waves on the flat surfaces. This requires a lot of hammer finnishing and filler = $$$$$, if you have it done at a bodyshop.

FYI - any brand of body panel require some fitting, some brands are easier to fit than others.

sscuda
:glasses7:

fez440

I do not reccomend Cross Canada Auto Body panels if you can get your hands on AMD panels. The CC AB panels are poorly stamped and show waves on the flat surfaces. This requires a lot of hammer finnishing and filler = $$$$$, if you have it done at a bodyshop.

FYI - any brand of body panel require some fitting, some brands are easier to fit than others.

sscuda
:glasses7:

ok thanks for the info : ) i am going to buy AMD panels for sure. my initial question was on which style of AMD panel should i get OE or skin.

I have seen this problem with NOS quarters if the car is not supported properly while doing the replacement. Did yo try and jack the rear of the rail. Some times the original quarter holds the chassis in place and when removed it goes out of position. Just a thought you may want to check before cutting and welding it up.
I had a demon that was tapped in the rear at sometime and it went out of whack when when removed. My dad always said good carpenters measure twice cut once. Same goes for bodywork .

-
Back