NGK plugs & nitrous?

-

JoeDust451

Reaction score
Does anyone run these plugs (BKR6E-11 "2756"), talking with a few, i was advized not to run a "projected" noise when running nitrous, These plugs are 1 heat range colder & the nose isn't as projected as the Autolite 3924s that i run now, this is for a 95 360 magnum. I'm only hitting it with a 125 shot, but may go 150.

I have just recently read that the projected tip had the effect of advancing the timing which is the last thing I would want in a nitrous system.

I ran NGKs in my 10 second 451 with VG results, IDK, the Autolites hold up really nice NA, i'm talking really nice, but on the nitrous #4 was foiled when i got home, also showed signs of oil, but this never happened NA, maybe it pushed some oil past the rings, I've sence installed a new set & #4 is burning nice again, thats why i'm thinking it may have overheated.

A-Bomb, i've bashed plugs before "only" to find out it wasn't the plug at all, it was something else.

you ran ngKKK's with NOS? when I did.. they didn't last at all.
went to my old failsafe champions.. no prblems.

300shot btw.

Ok then, what champion plugs would you recammend for a mild 360 magnum, stock bottom end & a 125-150 shot?

When i talked with Monte Smith, he recammended NGKs, thats all he uses.

well I don't spend 24/7 here soooooooo it takes me a
little time to get back to yah.

but hey... if the God of MoPar NOS systems say go NGK
then go for it. I'll ask him for condom recomendations next
time I see him on MoFarts.

question for you though.. if thats what he recon-mended,
why asked here? or could he NOT be bothered to give you
an explantion?!?

well I don't spend 24/7 here soooooooo it takes me a
little time to get back to yah.

but hey... if the God of MoPar NOS systems say go NGK
then go for it. I'll ask him for condom recomendations next
time I see him on MoFarts.

question for you though.. if thats what he recon-mended,
why asked here? or could he NOT be bothered to give you
an explantion?!?

Ya know something, I just realized i have more respect for a guy like Monte then you, he took the time & talked with me & gave me a few tips, you on the other hand "never" said anything logical or helpful other then trashing a brand of plugs, EVERY question with you is a fuckin neg. responce, NOTHING knowledgeable, just BS :read2:

bwahahaha..

projector nose plugs as you stated will overheat in a nitrous app. you
know that. can cause a miss. you don't want a miss with the nos going.
champion rn11 or 10's work really good (yah I know thats
an LA app). 1 step colder as you stated is not enough IMO. I burned out a few NGK's using NOS. otherwise they work fine in a stock app.

now that the pleasentries are out of the way....

:bootysha:

I ran NGK Irridiums 2-Steps colder .025 Gap in my 04 5.7 Hemi on a 150 shot and they are still in the truck with 60k on the odometer 8)

They say you can't gap irridiums...BS, just have to be very carefull 8)

Rickster

bwahahaha..

projector nose plugs as you stated will overheat in a nitrous app. you
know that. can cause a miss. you don't want a miss with the nos going.
champion rn11 or 10's work really good (yah I know thats
an LA app). 1 step colder as you stated is not enough IMO. I burned out a few NGK's using NOS. otherwise they work fine in a stock app.

now that the pleasentries are out of the way....

:bootysha:

Now was that so hard :bootysha:

Thanks BTW

-
Back