NGK plugs.

-
IMG_5894.gif

NGK (1273) BCPR5E-11 is what I've been using for about 20 years now, never a problem. 5/8 hex for better header clearance, larger gap for electronic ignition.​

I've never had that issue with champion plugs before.

The NGK BP5ES is the replacement plug for the LA small blocks Champions (RN12YC) ????? ??

NGK 5 heat range is equivalent to a 12 heat range in Champion.
I saw a pic about a week ago of a Champion plug where the centre electrode was pushed back inside the insulator......

I remember when "NGK" were for Japan cars, Bosch plugs were for Europe cars, Bosch plugs were for German cars and Champion were for Chrysler. Not sure of the Pulstar or Denso plugs.

Denso are Japanese. Pulstar are an aftermarket plug, made in the USA I believe. When I tried Pulstar plugs in my GTO, it idled noticeably smoother. After about 6m of use, one of the Pulstar plugs failed, went back to NGK Iridium.

I used to run NGK V Power coppers when I had my SRT-4. I run Autolite copper in my stroker they get it done.

I just got a set of these GR4's and they wont fit a Indy/RHS 360 X head. Only a 5/8th's will work. These are 13/16th's. I could not find them in a smaller size. Wah. Anyone know if they can be sourced in a smaller 5/8th's socket?

-
Back