NHL 23-24

-
Just my opinion but I think if Kane is even remotely successful at Detroit, and by successful I mean maybe skating third line or power play. I think there will be a rash of guys getting their hips worked on in a similar fashion. It may actually be a good thing For players that still have the drive and desire to play but cannot stand the rigors of first or second line as they age and the hips wear out. Having just experienced a total shoulder replacement surgery six weeks ago I think the technology around joints and their repair is amazing.

Foot note on Kane going to Red Wings. Only two other players in NHL have skated more than 35 games after that surgery. One was 36 games and the other 43 games. Both retired immediately after. Kane is certainly a phenomenal athlete but the odds are not in his favor.

The "kid" has TONS of pressure on him, now he has to deal with this?
PS, his mom's hot!
A little known fact is that Steve Yzerman was born in the same place that I was, Cranbrook, B.C., him in 1965 and me in 1962.
I actually went to school with his sister Ronnie-Jean.
She was definitely a good looker, just like her mom.
This was grade 1 to 3 mind you, and I saw her mother once at a parent/teacher/student conference.
I heard that they moved to somewhere in Ontario after that...
If she looks anything like she did now, she is a major babe!

Last edited:
Cool story! I could see Steve's sister being a looker, Stevie was a good looking guy lol.
Hot moms are awesome
A little known fact is that Steve Yzerman was born in the same place that I was, Cranbrook, B.C., him in 1965 and me in 1962.
I actually went to school with his sister Ronnie-Jean.
She was definitely a good looker, just like her mom.
This was grade 1 to 3 mind you, and I saw her mother once at a parent/teacher/student conference.
I heard that they moved to somewhere in Ontario after that...
If she looks anything like she did now, she is a major babe!

Man what a game against the Leafs and the Bruins come out with the win my boy Marchand with the winning goal..Ya Baby!!..

Stock a fork in the Pens. The era is over. Trade anyone not named Ctosby and start over.

Bolts bounce back from the whuppin they took from Dallas in the previous game.

Ok what is wrong with this picture? I can give you 88 reasons why it makes no sense. Just wrong. Twenty games tops? In all seriousness I would like to see him play it out to the end. Tough surgery to recover from.

IMG_9370.jpeg

I play several times a week . I was leaving the rink one morning and stopped to chat with the GM and maintenance manager. I said I needed to learn how to drive a Zam some day and Travis ( Maintenance Manager) said he needs a part time driver . So now I’m a celebrity to every kid under 10 ! Lol
1 Zamboni is LP powered and the other is a new Electric model . Man I love that EV ! Cuts perfect ice every time ! All digital .. has a pressurized spray bar vs a gravity feed one .

What the hell Steve ! Still up ? Lol.
I just got home from the rink … thats my excuse.
Met a guy from Toronto tonight who‘s dad knew all the players in the 60s ! I told him your story but he said the name didnt ring a bell .

Yeah I'm "working" night shift lol. Man those have gotten high tech.
That's pretty cool with the TO man.
What the hell Steve ! Still up ? Lol.
I just got home from the rink … thats my excuse.
Met a guy from Toronto tonight who‘s dad knew all the players in the 60s ! I told him your story but he said the name didnt ring a bell .

-
Back