NHRA March Meet 2009

-

funnycar farmer

Reaction score
Well, for the AWB Dart's first time out on a quarter mile track, it did just fine, albeit a bit on the slow side (we know thats 'cause it's Chevy powered!). But- - - I drove it through four rounds of eliminations with the snadbagging pros. One more, and I'd been in the moeny! The car handled awesome on the big end. It was great talking with some Dart owners out there. Not sure if any are members here, but I was pimping the site to all who would listen!

IMG_7026-vi.jpg

12.53,12.55,12.54, 12.57. I left it on a .53 dial. Here I am in qualifying, running this guy down. Well, in my dreams at least....
IMG_8370-vi.jpg

Heres what a Dart looks like at about 105.

IMG_7207-vi.jpg

Well, for the AWB Dart's first time out on a quarter mile track, it did just fine, albeit a bit on the slow side (we know thats 'cause it's Chevy powered!). But- - - I drove it through four rounds of eliminations with the snadbagging pros. One more, and I'd been in the moeny! The car handled awesome on the big end. It was great talking with some Dart owners out there. Not sure if any are members here, but I was pimping the site to all who would listen!

IMG_7026-vi.jpg
You tellin us,your Dart has a Chevy motor in it ???

Yup. And I was told that the Chrysler running next to me had a big block Chevy in it also.

I keep the hood closed as much as possible so I don't scare the senior citizens.

I was there and saw 2 of your runs. I my opinion..you had the nicest car in Hot Rod. Rumor mill was that all the Chryslers were running Chevy engines:}

I thought that was your car. I snapped a couple pics of it in the pits. From looking at it up close, my dad and I both thought it was very well done.

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

-
Back