Nice-looking '62 Lancer wagon on Sacramento, CA C/L, but he wants too much

-
"Owner wants too much"…? How do you figure? All I have to go by is pics, but I don't think I agree. That's a 55-year-old car, a model almost never seen, in apparently excellent condition. Looks thoughtfully upgraded, too—wheels, tires, exhaust, and probably a bunch more we can't see.

This is no longer 1990 when Hemmings and the Slant-6 News were crammed full of creampuff early A-bodies for $2500; that was over a quarter of a century ago. (Bought my '62 Lancer super-original cream puff with 20k miles on it in '90 for $2750...that's $5100 in today's dollars just by inflation, not accounting for fewer such cars available today than there were at that time).

Last edited:
I'm not able to view the pics but trust that it's in really nice condition. I'm not up-to-speed on the values of this model but just remember that just because something might be perceived as rare (and nice) doesn't always equate to value. It would be interesting to find out what it sells for. I was just in Vacaville last Sunday (approx 30-35 miles west/southwest of Sac).

if its as clean as it look i don't think its all that far off in price... wagons and trucks are hot right now. and those little wagons have been steadily rising in price for a while now. try to find a clean early a wagon in the 4k and i'll bet it has a ton of issues.... i'd drive the hell out of that thing. i think it is great looking.. only changes i's make is dropping a v8 in that *****..

00f0f_auq1Yrtf5qj_1200x900.jpg

01313_7UZlkP42uvo_1200x900.jpg

00Y0Y_iXUgQHzSCQm_1200x900.jpg
00W0W_3XNxh1Zaa93_1200x900.jpg

-
Back