Niece with a terminal infection

-
I can't imagine what they are going thru. Stay strong Kiddo, Prayers sent

Thank you for all your prayers and sentiments.

Lauren became dependent on the respirator and medication to stay alive. They almost lost her twice yesterday just trying to get her to and back from the CT scan yesterday.
The doctors explained the gravity of the situation to her parents and they had to make a decision no parent should ever have to make.
They love her SOOOOOOOOO much, but they had to hand her over to God.
Lauren loved rainbows, she was told they would watch for her in them.

There was an extremely nice service in her room while she was surrounded by just a fraction of her loved ones. We all took the time we needed with her and left the room.
They backed off the medication and she went peacefully.

I've noticed that numbers have meaning in the Bible. I don't know what it means yet, but God gathered her up on 7/14/14 at 7:14pm
Her parents were cleaning out the hospital room shortly after they took her, and out of the window they saw a double rainbow.
The whole area saw the double rainbow. Here is a view from target field that was a couple miles away.

I saw a spark of life and hope come back into her parent when they saw it. There was a deep down joy that shown from them knowing she made it and was saying "Hi Mom and Dad, I LOVE YOU!"

We wish we knew why this had to happen. Can only hope that there is some ripple effect from this that causes many great things to happen for people.

The support from ARFCOM has truly been amazing. When these dark time are upon us and see a community of strangers pull together with prayer and gifts, it gave us hope.
Gave us something to look at as a reminder that there are so many people out there that she has touched the hearts of. That maybe she is making a changes in people somehow through this whole experience.

I'm forever grateful to everyone here for all the support.

The funeral will be this week sometime. Thinking there will be a large turn out.

My heart breaks reading this. No one, especially parents, should have to make a decision like this.

I'm sorry.

I'm fairly new to this site so many people here don't know what my wife and I went through last year. We lost our 4 1/2 year old son to brain cancer on July 24th 2013. I'm not a religious person but if heaven does exist, I'm sure Owen just made a new friend. They are the same age and I'm sure will have a wonderful time playing together. There are no words to express the deep sadness over the loss of a child. Just know that there are a lot of people thinking about you and your family.
Darren

Fighting back tears reading this. I am saddened by your loss, but know that God holds it all in the balance and nothing happens without it being His will. I have a one year old (and just found out another one in the oven) that I worry about and pray nothing ever happens to. To help with the number signifiance in the Bible, the number 7 is the number of God: completeness and perfection. The number 14 is a multiple of 7 and stands for a double measure of perfection! Somehow these both seem fitting here.

The rainbow is an awesome display of God's beauty for us to see. Prior to the birth of our baby girl, my wife miscarried. Within a day or so, we were greeted with a double rainbow outside the back window of our house. To us, it was God's way of saying that it was going to be alright. It was a sign of hope for us. Shortly after we found out we were pregnant again, we were greeted yet again with a double rainbow.

People will read into this what they want. Personally, I feel this was God letting Lauren's parents know that it's gonna be alright and that He is truly still in control.
I pray that He will comfort all of you during this difficult time - He will help you get through this.

Oh My God, I am sorry for all of your family... After all the news stations here locally talking about that spectacular rainbow last night and then reading your last post...

wow, just ...wow! That's all I can say.

Rest In Peace, Lauren, and thank you for that beautiful rainbow!

My deepest condolences to you and the family.
May you rest in peace Lauren.

So sorry for this tremendous loss. Lauren's mom and dad, you and all the family are in our prayers. The rainbow account is incredible! Wow.

I am afraid her mom and dad's toughest days are ahead, and we will hold them up in prayer for the long haul. May the Lord give them His perfect peace.

-
Back