Nipple problems

-

jawbone

Cuda_queer
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
1970 engine with 68 style cast iron water pump going in 68 Barracuda. Having issue with heater core pluming. The nipple on the 70 intake manifold is too small for heater hose. Smaller than 3/8 but larger than 1/8 NPT. Do you guys drill and tap it larger for 3/8 nipple? What's the cure for this.

Thermostat spacer with EFI sensor port | AR Engineering

20230513_111333.jpg

20230513_111359.jpg

Not sure what you are asking here? Are you looking for the intake fitting, or the one in the pump? The intake one on my '71 is 1/4 pipe to 1/2 barb if that helps.

Not sure what you are asking here? Are you looking for the intake fitting, or the one in the pump? The intake one on my '71 is 1/4 pipe to 1/2 barb if that helps.
Looking for the remedy to correct the one on intake manifold. So you are using an adapter 1/4 NPT to 3/8 NPT to 1/2" barb?

Looking for the remedy to correct the one on intake manifold. So you are using an adapter 1/4 NPT to 3/8 NPT to 1/2" barb?
Nope. 1 fitting, 1/4 threaded male pipe (intake hole) to 1/2 barb. Smaller than 3/8 and larger than 1/8 would be 1/4.

IMG_0246.JPG

Going to get adapter and put the ugly on it.
So your heater core has both tubes the same size? I guess that must be the difference between 70 & 71. My heater core has a 5/8 (goes to pump) and 1/2 inch (intake manifold). Check the hardware stores, they may have a 1/4 pipe to 5/8 barb. Yup, plumbing can be ugly that's for sure.

Where's everyone at and how did they get so far off their A Game? There have been 7 responses thus far and this thread with its title is still on topic! But seriously, here's a visual of what you're looking for.
Amazon product ASIN B07CPH3L85

So your heater core has both tubes the same size? I guess that must be the difference between 70 & 71. My heater core has a 5/8 (goes to pump) and 1/2 inch (intake manifold). Check the hardware stores, they may have a 1/4 pipe to 5/8 barb. Yup, plumbing can be ugly that's for sure.
Based my needs on a friends comment regarding heater hose size. He said both were 5/8. Your comment is interesting. The heater core is in 68 Barracuda. Both my existing hoses are same size. Got the adapter. Appreciate your comments. Jeff

-
Back