No Fender Tag.......

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
No fender tag on my '72 Duster but I can see where it was. I did the VIN code search and found out that it was originally a 318 and was built in Hamtrack, MI but not much for info than that.

By checking it out, I can tell that it had air conditioning and a manual trans. Before I start hacking this car up, I would just like to know that I'm not destroying some rare option package. Even though I'll probably modify to my likeing no matter what. :snakeman:

Any ideas?

Joe, Im sure you already know this but Ill ask anyways. Did you check the springs on the underside of the rear seat for a build sheet?

Only package that I could think of that would make it more desirable than a std 318/manual would be the twister package.

Other than that... do it the way you want to.

Here's what happen to a Petty Blue 72 Twister car
Before...
72dusterglass.jpg

After:
landscaping3.jpg

22203.jpg

22202.jpg

It was a mess and not worth saving!

Only package that I could think of that would make it more desirable than a std 318/manual would be the twister package.

Same here Joe =P~

Holy crap, lol! Thanks Cracked and Mike. I just didn't want to get hammered by the restoration crowd. Mines pretty solid, at least from what I can tell without stripping the body down with a grinder yet. Floor pans, trunk, doors etc are solid. Bondo behind the rear wheels down low but not too bad at all. Needs a hood and fenders from previous teenage horseplay but I already scored a pair of fenders for $40 and and am going with a fiberglass hood. Trunklid is perfect. Might go fiberglass on that anyway.

Hey Dawg! Yep, interior was gutted but all the parts were there except the headliner. No buildsheet. Of course, I'm assuming that the seats that came with the car were original. On second thought they may not be because the seats and door panels I got with the car are blue and the original color of the car was gold. That would be one ugly color combo, lol. Anything was possible in the early 70's though...

Here's what happen to a Petty Blue 72 Twister car
Before...
72dusterglass.jpg

After:
landscaping3.jpg

22203.jpg

22202.jpg

It was a mess and not worth saving!

-
Back