No identification pad on 4-speed?

-
Reaction score
I'm working on gathering some parts for the restoration of my '68 Barracuda convertible 383-S. Yep.:headbang: It's the real deal but had the big block and 4-speed robbed from it years back (still looking for the originals but that's a whole other story...lol) Anyhow, I just recently purchased a 4-speed tranny that supposedly came from a '68 Dart GTS. It is an A-body tranny but it has no identification pad where the numbers should be stamped on it. No sign of there ever being one either. Anyone ever hear of such a thing? I believe this tranny came from Mexico if that is any help. Did they not have the pad on export parts? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Don

1)check the type of shifter linkage inside the cover,2)if there is no pad,its a replacement tranny,3)is it a 18 or 23 spline tranny and what size is the front bearing yoke?Mrmopartech

I got the same deal. On the trans some wrote 67 barracuda in yellow paint marker. most likely a salvage yard. got the trans from a guy in battle creek MI.
I think the pre 67 cars didn't have the pads stamped?

-
Back