No its not an a body but its dads and sweet

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, yep snake dad got me hooked on cars....the only mopar I remember him owning was a 72 charger, I was about 8 years old and he was taking me to cub scouts and I fell out of the damn thing doing about 20 miles an hour!!LOL He was squawkin at me about 30 seconds earlier telling me to lock the door cuz it wasnt closed.....didnt listen then and dont listen much now!! Funny how I am still into the mopars after falling out of one!!

i have to be nice here! :bootysha:

Hey toplscuda that is one sweet truck! Thats what I like about those trucks, or most trucks for that matter, slap a nice set of rims and tires on her and they look great! Dad was thinking about putting a 283 or maybe even a 348 in it, but he figured why bother, the 6 runs like a dream and if we put a big block in it, then there is the brake upgrade and pwr steering etc etc. Dad isnt a rubber burner, so he is more than happy keeping it stock.

STILL SPEAR HUNTING OR SARGE STRIPES....COOL NICKNAME!!

here is one my buddy is building for a customer.

IMG_0051.JPG

nice trucks guys...My dad has a 57 chevy 3100..That he has had since the beginning of time..But needs some work... Someday it will see the light of day again... With me behind the wheel grinning

Thanks Chas, Dads told me its mine god bless is soul, but in all honesty it is so cool to see him driving it!! He's always been into cool cars and trucks, but has busted his *** and been super responsible with his $$. So its nice to see him reap the rewards! Thats why I would love to find the chrome spears for him! If you got pics of dads 57, I would love to see them!

Yep, they repop most of the stuff for Cameo's. And you thought reproduction sheetmetal was bad......
I guess i wouldnt have that problem if i put another together. I have most of one in pieces in the shop (original chevy stuff) My problem is someone cut too much out of the frame on my gmc. As close as i can tell its about 4inches shorter than a shortbed. NO WAY im cutting a cameo bed for it. But dont see fixing it in the near future. I have a 70 satellite to work on.

There was a guy about 5 minutes from me that had a frame for sale for his 58 or 9 fleetside. He was tubbing his out and going nuts with it, so the frame was up for grabs. Dont know what happened to him, not there anymore. Dad got a spare gas tank and seat for $100.

These things are sweet! My dad learned how to drive in one when he was like 8 on his grandpa's farm. Nowadays we have a 68 Dodge power wagon 300 4x4 with a 9' dump box, dana axles with 4.88 gears make a 2brl 318 pull out the meanest of stumps, I also used to plow with it with a 9'6" blade lol in 9inches of heavy snow(2yrs ago) in 1st gear and low range on the transfer case I could knock out our 400' gravel driveway in one good shot. Had to share the old truck memories

I was over at dads the other day and gave him a hand putting his new wood bed in. He went to the local mill and ordered Ash. Hand sanded it and finished himself. All for about $300. Turned out really nice I think.

DSCF0763 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0765 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0766 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0767 (Medium).JPG

That did turn out nice. My dad went with the bling when he did his, oak and polished stainless strips.

Dad was looking at ordering the kit from somewhere in the US, but it was gonna be like $800 or something ridiculous, so he has all the woodworking tools, so he got a local mill to rip them down to size and router the edges. He is planning on painting the truck this winter, so he may end up stripping the paint off of the rails and seeing what is underneath.

I know my dad ordered the stainless strips but did the same thing your dad did with the wood. I kind of like the matching paint on the strips.

Still running the straight axel but it has been dropped, disc brakes added and power steering. Running an Olds rear end in it also but still has drums back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back