No left directional, probably something simple

-

garyfish340

Reaction score
I have a 1975 Duster that's in really nice condition. I actually bought it for the body, so upon getting it home I began snooping around, and everything was good, except the drivers side front directional won't blink, I do have driving/parking light, but no flasher. Even though the dash board indicator is flashing. So first I cleaned the socket, and changed the bulb. Still doesn't work.
I noticed the plug that goes into the back of the housing, fits sort of loose, with like a MM, or 2 of play when you shake it around, and it looks like it has a rubber seal sandwiched between the back of the socket, and housing. I have a 69 Barracuda indicator housing, so I figured I'd look at it to see exactly how they put these pieces together, and that's when I noticed, on the Duster there's no pigtail, or plug, it's hard wired in. Did somebody make this light harness ? Hum. Anyway if the bulb is supposed to ground on something where does it ground ? maybe I can clean it up, and test it. The little socket with the rubber gasket is throwing me. Isn't the indicator housing plastic ? Does it have a chassis ground wire separately by the back of the housing ? Any input will be appreciated.

Attachments

• P1010006.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 78
I cant answer your questions about how the harnesses were made.
If a front fixture isn't grounded, that park lamp would work but it would light up the same turn indicator in the dash.

-
Back