No Lift Shifting

-
Put a Liberty or Gforce trans in or have your A833 beefed up and face plated

That is for electronic controlled engine

Put a Liberty or Gforce trans in or have your A833 beefed up and face plated

That is for electronic controlled engine

The box interrupts the ignition at the coil. I guess that's electronic. Only difference would be the need to wire in a micro switch on the clutch pedal.

People have speed shifted manual transmissions ever since they have been invented. With nothing fancy to shut the ignition off.

You might google "Mr. 4 Speed"

So this might be an ignorant question, but wouldn't this have the same effect as how we used to turn the ignition off and then back on to cause a big backfire through the exhaust?

So this might be an ignorant question, but wouldn't this have the same effect as how we used to turn the ignition off and then back on to cause a big backfire through the exhaust?

We used to call that a "muffler burnout". Lots of fun to do in front of a friend's house at 2 AM.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blSgIRYksqk"]Super/Stock Stick Shift Car SS/H - YouTube[/ame]

Here ya go this is power shifting -not taking your foot off the gas

Thats what my rev-limiter is for. I set it about 400 rpm higher than my shift light. But my pseudo "slick-shift" tranny shifts so fast it almost never gets there. lol

"Lower ETs - One of our big turbo customer cars dropped their E.T. in the quarter mile from 12.0 to 11.3 seconds just by adding the WOT Box! "

You gotta love that advertising. 7/10ths!
But then I imagine a "big turbo" would run away pretty quick when flat-shifted!

Thats what my rev-limiter is for. I set it about 400 rpm higher than my shift light. But my pseudo "slick-shift" tranny shifts so fast it almost never gets there. lol

I was wondering about that also. (couldn't a rev limiter do basically the same thing?)
Worked on and owned some semi fast cars all my life but never raced at tracks, so I'm a bit deprived in that area. :D

Slick shifting a tranny, involves mods to allow the clutch teeth to easier engage with the slider teeth.This moves the A833 shiftability upwards of 7000 with almost no effort or concentration from the operator, and in my case at least, no more missed shifts. Shazzam!
I leave the brass synchronizer rings in, for street duty, but they are easily overpowered.

You machine remove every other tooth from the slider hubs, brass rings and stops.

Having every other tooth removed allows for positive engagement of the slider hubs at higher RPMs.

I hear that this makes low RPM engagement a bit harder, and is really designed for dedicated drag racing high rpm shifting apps.

I believe slick shift gearsets were offered directvto racers years ago thru hustle stuff, and early direct connection catalogs.

The description of the units operation seems to counter the desired outcome. If the desired effect is a full throttle up shift, the box defeats that purpose because it momentarily lowers the rpms. I don't see how it is much different than a momentary lift of the throttle during a quick shift.

It gives slack in the dog rings, momentarily lets the driveshaft turn the trans instead of vs the engine, like letting off the gas during a normal shift. A rev limiter basically but it tries to drop below the shift rpm. A clutch pedal activated retard would achieve the same result. Fast forward video to about 1:30, that is true power shifting a 4 spd, not clutchless shifting a faceplated Liberty.....
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F808yc52Tbg"]Dick Landy 1971 Dodge Pro-Stock Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back