No more Camaro!

-

DroVal

Reaction score
Finally got the Camaro sold today. Didn't get as much as I was hoping to, got $1400, but I didn't want to take the chance of sitting on it hoping for a few hundred more.

So, now to find a replacement car.

Bought this from my brother for $1k! Nice little cars that go for a decent price! Pretty reliable too, and the heat AND A/C works!! Bonus!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 426
Finally got the Camaro sold today. Didn't get as much as I was hoping to, got $1400, but I didn't want to take the chance of sitting on it hoping for a few hundred more.

it's is already on CL for $1800.

Those numbers are mind boggling to me...lol.

My first hot rod was a 69' Chevelle SS. I paid 1400 for it in 1975 & sold it, after many mods, and going 12's, for 1400 in 1976. The guy I sold it to sold it for 1800 two weeks later :banghead:.

Attachments

• scan0007.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 397
Rick, I bought my first car in 1965. It was a 57 Ford Fairlane tudor. 61,000 miles, no dents, no mechanical issues other than it needed a clutch for the 3 speed.
I paid $25.00 for the car, and the guy delivered it to my house! lol

Had it as my daily driver for 6 years.

During that time I also bought a new 1968 Hemi RoadRunner, and ( in 1970) a used 1969 440/4Bbl GTX with 1600 miles on it. No money down, I simply took over the payments from a neighbor who's wife hated the GTX. I payed out $2200.00 for the GTX.

All three cars, represented a total investment (including interest) of $6455.00

Yeah, I miss those days, too!!!!!!

I hate to say it but my driver is a Crown Vic. It get good mileage has a huge trunk and can pull trailers. They are very dependable cars.

I said Nova. Dammit.

Attachments

• NOVA.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 328
I hate to say it but my driver is a Crown Vic. It get good mileage has a huge trunk and can pull trailers. They are very dependable cars.

Had a CV, too. Bought it new in 1992 ( when the local Dodge dealer couldn't figure out how much they wanted for the New Intrepid we were going to buy. What idiots they are).

The CV was an Excellent family car. We visited 35 states in that car, and very comfortable and reliably, too.

Did anyone else here hear something that sounded like "Nova"?

What do salmon have to do with this? :poke:

At least you picked a good looking one.

I love those cars. Had a few. You can just stand back and sling a 7.5:1 big block in one and it'll haul ***. They are fun cars.

I always have too. They are light, short and easily fit a big block using 120 dollar headers. If only the A bodies were as convenient.

I had a friend that had a silver 1970 L78 4 speed. He babied that thing and never beat on it. Decided to get married and had to sell. Two weeks later we were at Mia.Hlwd speedway. The kid that had the car had put a set of old cheater slicks on it. You can guess what happened next. Yep blow out top of third and hard right into amcco rail then hard left thru guard rail and came to rest on the Jersey strip totaled. The two kids climbed out with bumps and bruised. I sure his oldman was not happy since he payed for the car. Now back on track glad you sold the Camaro.

-
Back