no oil pressure

-

Buschi340

Reaction score
I detected while searching my controller problem that I have no oil pressure while cranking. Engine not starting. Not even oil is coming out of the port. This can't be right, or? I have a remote oil filter mounted

Aha, Tuning the Engine backwards is the secret? With Air in the Pump is the Pump not working while cranking? Ok, will try.... Thanks!

Aha, Tuning the Engine backwards is the secret? With Air in the Pump is the Pump not working while cranking? Ok, will try.... Thanks!

They will not self prime. I put oil inside mine when it was installed and it still didn't pick up the oil untill I reprimed it. You need to put white lube in the oil pump in order for it to prime itself or prime the engine by filling the outlet with oil and turning the engine over backwards. Good Luck!!!:toothy7:

filling the hose is easier because of the remote oil filter. Will try it when I'm back from Berlin next week.
Now I'm lucky that the engine did not start at the first try... :)

Thanks for the tip!

today I tried. After filing nearly 2 liters in every hose and turning the engine back and forth nearly 1 hour I have now my 30psi cranking oil pressure.... :)

I think when I did mine I put in between a half quart to a quart and spun it backwards for a few revoultions. I cranked the engine for a long time because one of the wires came out of the MSD box and was keeping it from firing. I only had oil pressure toward the very end before it started anyway. Under normal circumstances I figured I wasn't going to be very worried about pressure on cranking and I was just going to be real careful and make sure it came up in the first few seconds of running or I'd shut the engine off and sort it out. I tried to make sure I lubed everything up pretty good when I put the engine together to begin with.

Ah, that would make me a little more leary. Either way, glad you managed to get some, looks several people have had issues with getting that sorted out.

Yes, it is normal. The pump is only spinning at a few hundred RPMs at most, so taking the amount of time is actually very short.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Is priming the pump for new motors or motors that have been apart? My motor hasn't been apart, but has had oil drained out of it for a year or so.

-
Back