No oil pressure

-

W2-1969Dart

Reaction score
Fired the six up . No oil pressure no oil to valve train , spun the oil filter off and it was dry . Is it possible to get the oil pump off in the car(1969 dart) also had a couple drips of water coming from the the number 1 and 6 exhaust bolts?

I did a 67 Dart. You will have to disconnect the pass side motor mount and jack the engine up to get clearance. After I went all through that, nothing was wrong with the pump. The pickup was clogged. The car was free because of no oil pressure,guessing that the P.O. never changed oil.Not saying that this is your problem,,just what was mine.Just a thought.

The two end studs may (I think) screw into the water jacket and need some sealer on the threads.

I did a 67 Dart. You will have to disconnect the pass side motor mount and jack the engine up to get clearance. After I went all through that, nothing was wrong with the pump. The pickup was clogged. The car was free because of no oil pressure,guessing that the P.O. never changed oil.Not saying that this is your problem,,just what was mine.Just a thought.

Thanks darter6 for that info before I remove it i'm going to check the relief spring first. The pickup was all clean before assembly (new rebuild). On slantsix site I was told I could prime it through the pipe . Not sure what else it could be everything was new:banghead:

If it's a fresh rebuild, could be many things. You do have 5 quarts of oil in the crankcase,
Right? :) Oil pickup installed at the wrong angle or has a crack in it...pump and filter need priming....pressure relief valve.....bad pump....are all a possibility.

If it's a fresh rebuild, could be many things. You do have 5 quarts of oil in the crankcase,
Right? :) Oil pickup installed at the wrong angle or has a crack in it...pump and filter need priming....pressure relief valve.....bad pump....are all a possibility.

yup 5 quarts, oil pickup not sure , pump and filter primed, the pressure relief valve moves freely- spring installed, bad pump ? Pulling motor tomorrow. Thanks for the ideas

Well pulled the motor and found there was no pickup,off to the wreckers tomorrow thanks to everyone for the help trying to solve this . Not the experience I wanted for my first six experiment . Things should be better tomorrow if I can get it back in the car.

-
Back