No parking brake...missing parts

-

jcarr210

Reaction score
So I picked up a 340 valiant nearly a year ago and keep discovering more and more surprises as I go. The first was that I had a ssbc brake set up in the front and well now I think I have a different rear drum set up in the rear because they look large for such a small car. Problem is the parking brake isn't connected and when I pulled the drums today it appears it's missing the bar that goes across the top between the two shoes as well as the L shaped bracket that connects to the rear pad that the parking brake cable actually attaches to. Also, when I in wound the brake cable coming from under the dash there appears to be a piece missing that connects the end of the threaded cable to two smaller cables near the rear of the car. I'm new to mopars so if anyone can help me out with what exactly I need and from what model I can pick it up from id greatly appreciate it. Btw rear drums are 11" across and rear end is a wide 8 3/4.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 144
The piece that connects the front single cable to the rear two cables is called an equalizer. Inline tube sells just that piece. The strut bar between the shoes and the actuating arm that connects to the rear shoe are dependent on the the shoe size 9,10 or 11". I do not believe the shoe width has an effect on those parts but I'm not 100% on that. Also to help you out see if there's a free manual here that will cover your vehicle. May be able to find used struts and arms on eBay or here on FABO by posting parts wanted. New are available here but may be year specific
http://www.partsmix.com
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=244981

Picture is from inline tube

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 130
The coupler Requires a special nut. It is self-locking and has IIRC a rear flange on it. The flange is a bearing to prevent the coupler from being chewed up by the hex points, and also stops the wrench from falling off the end. The self-lock is just a punched divot in one of the hexes IIRC, or maybe it was a mild crush. It's been a while.......

The self-adjuster stuff seems to be missing,and
the park-brake arm
Kinda need pics that show the parts from the front,rear, and bottom, to see more.

Yeah this is the only other angle I took. Yeah that adjuster and large spring that keeps the shoes together on a lot of drum cars isn't there in this one. On this One the adjuster is on the bottom but I don't see what will keep the upper strut in place once I get it in there. I'm just going to have to find a pic of a complete rear drum set for reference. I don't know why the hell this keeps turning my pics around btw lol. This pic is flipped upside down

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 133
I just bought this so hopefully that will get me half way there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 94
-
Back