No power Anything!!! Ran perfect now no power.

-

BIG-B-Barracuda

Reaction score
Hello guy took my car out of the garage to work on other car then went back to put it back in and. No power. No lights nothing no ignition brake lights nothing.... Ran perfect for over two years daily driver
Battery good
Ran cables no luck either
Alternator good
Never had a power problem before :wack::cheers::cheers:

Need help ASAP. Street sweeper comes by tomorrow morning. Argh!!!

sounds like maybe they fusible link or the bulkhead connection came loose for some reason.

Digital Volt-Ohm meter will be your best friend. Heck I got one for free at H-Freight that works fine (had a coupon).

I forgot to mention if the AMP gauge could cause problems too if it totally breaks. Don't happen too often though.

You running factory wiring harness?

You should have a fuse link which if blown cuts all battery power to lights, etc

This comes off the big stud on the start relay, ---fuse link--- and then to bulkhead connector. From there, through the bulkhead connector (which could have lost connection ---to ammeter --- to "in harness splice" (in black ammeter wire under dash in harness) and from there splits off to fuse panel, ignition switch, headlight switch.

So follow from the relay stud, to the bulkhead, probe that bulkhead connector terminal with a light/ or meter and see if you have power there. If not, feel that wire for the fuse link blown.

If you DO have power at the bulkhead terminal, likely an ammeter problem. Reach up under dash with headlight switch on, and wiggle wires around ammeter.

What year is your car and what do you have for a shop manual and or wiring diagrams?

Found the issue!!!!!! Thank you guys. Thank goodness geezzzzz....
Located the fusible link connected to the bulkhead on the firewall and it was all corroded shook it a bit let some of the corrosion loose and. BOOOOM. We got lights. Turned right on on first turn thank you!
Any suggestions on how to clean that? Rather than having to buy new ones .... Thanks again you guys have a ton of good carma coming your way :)

Any suggestions on how to clean that? Rather than having to buy new ones .... Thanks again you guys have a ton of good carma coming your way :)

Great!!
The standard recommendation--because it works--is to start by reading this article. Post back to this thread with questions. Even if you don't do the bypass in the article, it shows you what to look for, and the cause and effect. All these old girls are suspect for this problem.

The other thing you have to be careful of, is that there a few areas of these girls that are not adequately fused.

http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/amp-gauges.shtml

if the connection is not too corroded I would clean it with some electrical terminal cleaner (available at NAPA) then a scuff with some emery cloth then a coating of silicone grease after it is tightened (or similar electrical products that help to prevent corrosion) again at NAPA.

-
Back