no power goin to my lights

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at a Plymouth service manual, valiant. I believe he will read voltage with red VM lead , 12V+, at position J at the bulkhead connector if the link is good, and black lead is attached at starter relay circuit ground. If no voltage between position J and the ground terminal then the fusible link is open and no good.

There may be a quick disconnect between the link and battery also. He should check there too just to ensure himself there is no issue with the pin and socket connection.

I don't know what this means

You have power at the starter relay stud?

power where the fuse link goes into the bulkhead?

power at the ammeter terminals?

Power at the alternator output stud?

We can help but we need SPECIFICS to help ya.

AND if you have a shop manual, you have the answers right there. Get back in the wiring diagrams in section 8. Near the front of the diagrams will be a drawing of the layout of the bulkhead connector, which normally is labeled in alpha, not numerical. Then when you look at the wiring diagram, the connector will show which terminal the fuse line goes through.

The trouble with the "My Mopar" diagrams is that they are not always correct. BUT JUST as an example, open them up, posted above

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/1971/71DartA.JPG

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/1971/71DartB.JPG

On diagram "A", find the start relay near the battery near the top of the page. Follow the thick RED down the page, notice it is labeled "fusible link" and note that it goes to the bulkhead connector "J"

Now move about a 1/4" to the right and find "J" on the second half of the connector, which represents the INTERIOR half of the bulkhead connector. Follow that "RED" wire up and off to the very top right of the page

Now open up diagram "B" and see the RED coming in from the top LEFT of the page and notice that it goes directly to the ammeter.

Now if you go back to the "MAD electrical" diagram I posted, you can see that this diagram is pretty much the same thing.
i got power from the starter relay and fusable link. i got the starter to turn with they wire tester but when tested the main harness thats under the dash frame no light came on the tester.

i got everything working accept the signal lights and only one rear tail light comes on.the other three won't turn on.side marker lights don't work either.goin to see if light bulbs are bad in them.the signals and igination don't work. the glove box light won't work. what seems to be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back