No spark

-

jeppe

Reaction score
I installed pertronix hp ignition box and flamethrower 3 coil. Now i dont have spark. I get power to box and its plinking Green when cranking. I have measured switched power is ok and main power and ground are on battery. Should there be voltage at coil +? I dont

Uh, YES there should be V at the coil. How exactly did you wire it? What did you do with the ballast, and "as usual" WHAT are we workin' on? Year make model

well i figured it out. is was my new coil bracket squeecing the coil too hard -.-

well the car is 71 dart. i did connect two terminals from ballast together. hooked up the old coil + to swiched 12v.
i tried my old coil and got spark. then i took the new coil out off the new braket and now it also gives spark.

If the new coil is metal shell, check all terminals of the coil (when disconnected from wiring) to the metal shell. None of them should show continuity

If the new coil is metal shell, check all terminals of the coil (when disconnected from wiring) to the metal shell. None of them should show continuity
well u were right both + and - shows continuty to coil chasing

Well THAT's a bad coil......................Depending on how bad you "squeezed" it, you may have caused the short

-
Back