No Valiant Love?

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
You don't see too many Valiants that are being shown off. I recently seen a really wicked '67 Valiant with a 408 under the hood that looked really mean. I mean, it's no Dart, but damn they can be real mean looking!

104_0141.JPG

My 69

104_0005.JPG

The valiant is the red headed step child of the red headed step child of the red headed step child of the classic car world

I dunno- seems to me like they're more popular than ever. Used to be you could buy them for pocket change but now everybody wants one, and prices for anything decent are through the roof (like everything else). I guess because they're pretty much the "ultimate sleeper" look, or they just want "something different"... now it seems like I see them all over.
That said, I like 'em. Especially the early Vals.

I love my Vixen girl. Here's a very recent cold start.

This is the first car I got on retirement. Its an almost completely untouched survivor.

20201002_154340.jpg

It has been since joined by a small herd of Mopar brethren. I'd like to add a 67-69 Valiant but I need another car like a hole in the head.

You don't see too many Valiants that are being shown off. I recently seen a really wicked '67 Valiant with a 408 under the hood that looked really mean. I mean, it's no Dart, but damn they can be real mean looking!
Just picked one up last Thanksgiving...(see avatar) '65 Signet w/ 340. Just ironing out some of the things that I wanted to address and then it'll be ready for cruise nights and car shows. It's pretty "peppy" and I'm guessing that it is light in weight too. I'm at work so I have no other pics to post.
I know what you are saying though... Not the desirable models of the A bodies. I'm ok with that though.

Last edited:
Race car so not much stock left. I do get a lot of comments in the pit. Never see these.....

20231015_112538.jpg

Screenshot_20220913-110358_Gallery.jpg

Well, the Valiant wasn't special back then. American cars were special here in Switzerland in the past, but even my father looked disappointed when I've showed him my first american car. He said "why didn't you get something nice like a Camaro or a Mustang" like dude, I'm just 24 and got like 15k.
Beside of that, many old guys actually started talking to me at meets or gas stations. They mostly told me their dads or grandfathers had one of those which is pretty nice in my opinion. I mean, the most driven car here was the original Beetle, or stuff like the Ford Cortina and Opel Kadetts.

But how I've said, Valiants weren't even special here in Switzerland... sadly. Even tho they were built here in Switzerland till 1972 or '73.

Fun fact: On american car meets here in Switzerland, you normally see stuff like Furys, Shelby Cobras, Mustangs, New Yorkers and even Imperials more often than Valiants because no one wants to own one, so basically I drive a more rare car than a Lamborghini :lol:

Another fun fact: Back in the late 60's, my grandpa managed to own an Olds Super 88 which back then was like an annual income, but he got it cheap from a guy that was insolvent which took my grandpa's old Mercedes. There were only 12 registered 88s in the whole country back then.

This is the first car I got on retirement. Its an almost completely untouched survivor.

View attachment 1716233332

It has been since joined by a small herd of Mopar brethren. I'd like to add a 67-69 Valiant but I need another car like a hole in the head.
I love how you have that lookin. I forget though. Are those 14s or 15s?

I love how you have that lookin. I forget though. Are those 14s or 15s?
Those are the 15's. I've had 13's, 14's, and now 15's on it. I like these best, the stance is good and the wheel wells are nicely filled. 245/60-15 rear, 215/65-15 front.

Those are the 15's. I've had 13's, 14's, and now 15's on it. I like these best, the stance is good and the wheel wells are nicely filled. 245/60-15 rear, 215/65-15 front.
That's a mighty tall tire for the front. Did you have to do anything to make it fit?

I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum, was supposed to be in Mopar General. But damn there are some nice Valiants posted!

-
Back