No Wipers??

-

leblanc

member 2883
Reaction score
the wiper switch on my 76 Dart Sport will not operate the wiper motor but the washer pump works fine...could it be the motor? According to the manuel for the car there is no fuse for the wipers.

the wiper switch on my 76 Dart Sport will not operate the wiper motor but the washer pump works fine...could it be the motor? According to the manuel for the car there is no fuse for the wipers.

you should be able to easily find out if its the motor. There are seperate wires going into the wiper motor, one for low speed and one for high speed.....assuming yours is a 2 speed wiper motor. Disconect the wires at the motor, then turn your wiper switch on to low or high and put a testlight to the wires.....if you have a signal then your motor is bad. If you dont have any signal than its something in your wiring like the switch or bad wires, ect.

very well could be the motor, mabe im the only one who has bad luck with them but I have had three different A-body wiper motors fail on me in different cars.

i had the same issue this spring i first noticed smoke coming from behind the dash... then it stopped, when i needed wipers a week later they didnt work, water some how got behind my dash and shorted out the harness melting the wires rubber and core almost completely..

i had the same issue this spring i first noticed smoke coming from behind the dash... then it stopped, when i needed wipers a week later they didnt work, water some how got behind my dash and shorted out the harness melting the wires rubber and core almost completely..

I hate when that happens! Water getting in there should not have caused it to short out but it could have aggravated the situation. Old wires sometimes lose their insulation and then there is a problem. Hopefully the fusible link blows before there is any real damage but not always the case.

I had the same problem... looked at the motor and saw it wasn't hooked up. Prob already checked that though. Has the motor ever worked for you?

-
Back