not a mopar but...

-
I looked into bolt on wheel spacers recently. Apparently ALOT of Jeep and truck guys run them. I was skeptical due to a bad experience with those cast wheel adapters back in the day, but the ones now are better made. I went to a lot of truck forums and really found no negative feedback. Most all advised to use Loctite on the spacer lugs. Some suggested red and some said blue. And most advised to recheck the torque every so often. I ended up using blue Loctite on mine because I was worried about the difficulty of removing the lugs if I was away from the house with the red.

I'm not sure about the 87 but my 79 F-150 has adjustable steering stops on the spindle. Mine are just a threaded in bolt and lock nut.

I'm not sure about the 87 but my 79 F-150 has adjustable steering stops on the spindle. Mine are just a threaded in bolt and lock nut.

ill hove to crawl under there and look, that would be cool
(i seem to remember having done something similar to an old KDX bike when i swapped out the forks for USD units from a KX)
by the spindle, you mean the knuckle where the wheel bolts to?

as im thinking this over, i just remembered, this is a plow truck, so before i add 4 inches to the track, id better measure to make sure that doesnt put my wheels outside my plow

@dano
cuvana-electronic-cigar

there were steering stops indeed
i pulled them out but the adjusters/locknuts, were rusted tight on there
of course i didnt have any washers to space it out, so i had to get creative

mopar to the rescue

i found a set of slant six exhaust manifold washers
they were a perfect fit and height for what i needed

no more rub

the silly thing still clunks like crazy under tight turns, but that is probably because its a ford

download.jpg

FYI - If you use loctite then re-torque at a later date you'll have re-apply the loctie because if the nut moves at all the loctite seal/bond will be broken.

Glad they still had them and it worked out. I had to run mine out when i had fender well headers. Mine were pretty rust too. PB Blaster time!

Spacers with a plow? I run a 4” lift and never considered spacers.
Mind you,the plow is heavy.
If i was to do it again, i would consider trimming fenders before adding spacers. Just my .02 worth.

Spacers with a plow? I run a 4” lift and never considered spacers.
Mind you,the plow is heavy.
If i was to do it again, i would consider trimming fenders before adding spacers. Just my .02 worth.

well, i wasnt hitting the fenders, i was hitting the radius arms
i found the steering stops that Dano mentioned and turned them out a bit and that solved the issue, so no need for spacers

and that plow IS heavy
i got the 4 inch lift installed but it looks like 2 with the plow on

Plow was on my 80 power wagon,35x12.50-15’s
It was a pig to drive on highway.
I since moved plow to my 92 gmc extended cab and it carries it nice.

-
Back